Apple is dying!!!! Sell stock now!

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by 7on, Mar 29, 2004.

1. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

I saw this a while back. Rob Enderle certainly has more than his share of death knells.

I found this interesting though:

And then the quote Steve Jobs made:

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

The day I hear that Apple ISN'T dying is when I worry

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Of course Apple is deteriorating quick, that dumb long term vision Jobs has for Apple is killing the short term speculators because he's not catering to their greed by getting 15-100% revenue increases every year...

And paying down the debt, absolutely horrible for the buyers of distressed secured bonds -- that are looking to pick up the corpse of companies cheap.

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

ah yes... this list. and yep apple has been dying for a very long time. :p

5. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    It's a little know fact that the origin of this rumour is from Nostradamus no less. In one of his final publications there is the following exceprt:

"Millenia seconda annos dommus Applata morto"

It then goes on to say

"Upgradus fith genus chipolatus three pointus nilus grande jokus stevus jobus"

With further references that

"Intelligensa superious et supremus commandus world est Robus Enderlus"

However, unbelievers of this text note a small footnote in the original scripts which prompts them to question the authenticity of the documents. Shortly before Nostradamus closes by qoting the lottery numbers for the next seven weeks, he remarks that this particular prediction has been sponsored by:
    "Thus Windos Appreciatus Totali Societus"

or t.w.a.t.s for short.

:D

6. Doraemon macrumors 6502

These never-ending Apple's dying threads remind me of this cartoon:

[​IMG]

7. cc bcc macrumors 6502

LOL!! :D

8. AhmedFaisal Guest

Apple, going out of business since 1984....

... this is all such bullcrap. The only thing I could see bringing harm to Apple is Linux in the long run. Microsoft and Intel are both having trouble even though the short term speculators only see the profit-margins. Intel has a problem since Gigahertz is not working anymore and killing the sales on their only good CPU the Pentium M. The Itanic Titanic is equally crappy in sales and for the step to 64bit (for the Pentium line) and 90nm they have to use technologies that are not their own. (AMD and IBM respectively). Microsoft suffers from the fact that most sales still are on Windows 2000 licences and licence extensions by companies and besides stupid home users and a selected few companies, XP is avoided like the devil himself. Longhorn isn't on the horizon either with 2006 a long time away for others to catch up.
    No the only one that could be trouble for Macs is Linux. However if I look at the sad kindergarden that is XFree86 and basic design flaws in KDE and Gnome (copy/paste between Apps is still and issue as is drag and drop, lack of uniformity when it comes to keyboard shortcuts and lack of uniform interface guidlines) I don't really see it coming. In fact I doubt that Gnome and KDE are going to be the future of Linux GUI, I recently had the joy to use Java Desktop and found that it does work quite nicely compared to Gnome and KDE.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

9. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I also agree this is crap. Didn't Apple just declar themselves debt free? Now that they are going to be making huge profits, don't you think that they maybe around for awhile?

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

That's beautiful.

11. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Reminds me of when all the Intel freaks spread FUD that AMD was dying, even while the Opteron/FX was wiping the floor of the current pre-EE P4's and Xeons. Idiots.

This picture says it all:

[​IMG]

12. Freakk123 macrumors regular

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. And, its also brilliantly accurate! Thanks!