Apple is giving me a new iPod Nano for free!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gan6660, Sep 27, 2008.

1. gan6660
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

gan6660

I have a 4gb 1st gen nano that overheated when it was charging. I called them and explain the problem and they said they will send a new nano out for free!

2. droalex
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

3. marbles
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

marbles

Nice for you ..though they do usually just change the battery .

4. gan6660
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

I asked them that but they said that the whole iPod will be replaced since the screen was also burned.

5. marbles
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

marbles

Burned , my gosh ...that is interesting ...glad you are ok

6. reberto
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

reberto

I remember reading about the 1G Nanos burning people when they first came out :eek: The 2GB 1st gen I had got really hot when charging, but I never found out if it would ever burn me because the screen broke so I had to RMA it for a new one :p The replacement I got didn't get hot (nor did it's screen break)

7. Hoopdy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

it's a known issue and apple has said it will replace any 1g iPod Janos experiencing exploding batteries,etc.

8. The Awesome
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

They do that so you don't get burned and you don't complain and you don't make another PR problem for Apple. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

9. marbles
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

marbles

wow , a lucky escape there ?

There really does seem to be a problem with QC at Apple these days , it's a real shame that more of the billions they make is not spent on testing products thoroughly before they are released to the general public.

This will affect them , badly .
    I fear as more and more machines / iPods / iPhones are released this problem will get worse , QC needs to be top priority if they are to maintain a reputation as a quality brand .....I feel that this 'image' is already beginning to slip , Apple will become slated like MS if they are not careful.

10. allmIne
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

allmIne

I remember that! Whoa, bringing back memories. Used to almost drop the damn thing every time I picked it up after charging :)

andy.

11. allmIne
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

allmIne

I must admit, I think you have a point. My rev A MBP has had 3 charging bricks and two batteries, and has the overheating issue they all had. My brothers Macbook has both palmrests cracked. However, my previous Apple, a Powerbook G4 12in, had no problems. It used to be the case you'd give Apple a by-ball because it was revision A, but hey, we're in 2008 now, it can't work like that anymore!

Of course, just my experience :) Still love Apple!

andy.