Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
I don't own Apple stocks but I like how the stocks are doing right now. This week, it is inching it's way to break the 40$ line. It was hanging around 20$ at the same period last year ant it was under 15$ 2 years ago. Way to go Apple. Those graphs will look swell on the Annual Report.

Good to know that Balmer's furious and illiterate speech yesterday about how Microsoft would kick iTMS's butt did'nt do a dent to Apple's financial credibility.

Nota: Grpahs updated every minute.

2 YEARS GRAPH:
z

5 DAYS GRAPH
z

:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I bought it when it was around $20 a share.....wish I had bought more, though.

Makes you wonder how long this will keep up - its still below its highest level, but looking quite nice, regardless.

D

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Mr. Anderson said:

Makes you wonder how long this will keep up - its still below its highest level, but looking quite nice, regardless.

D

Nice call. The thought crossed my mind at that price point but I did'nt think that they would do that good. Serves me well for my lack of faith. ^_^

Here is another one I could'nt resist:

z

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Mr. Anderson said:

D

Picked up my AAPL stock at $24. . . I'm loving the upward trend, but I will admit my trigger finger is gettin' itchy. Can't wait to see how the holdiday season treats Apple. What are the chances of new products before Nov.??

You know the saying: "sell on the rumor, buy on the news."

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
rikers_mailbox said:
Picked up my AAPL stock at $24. . . I'm loving the upward trend, but I will admit my trigger finger is gettin' itchy. Can't wait to see how the holdiday season treats Apple. What are the chances of new products before Nov.??

You know the saying: "sell on the rumor, buy on the news."

You mean Buy on the rumor, sell on the news?

adiliegro

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2004
SC
either way, i think its time to sell. It cant get much higher right now. I'd sell, then buy when it drops again.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Call me optimistic, but I still think it can do better in the next quarter. At least 50$ probably significantly more. But I'm no expert. ;)

Edit:

Oh! and I just read on MacMinute that Merryl Lynch raised it's price target on Apple from 39$ to 44$. Not too shabby.

We are raising our September quarter estimate a penny to 19 cents on stronger iPod and iMac sales."

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
The market will always price for the long term: G5, iPod, iTunes, Powerbook all add to the longterm welfare of the company. The recent continuing of the incline could suggest te iMac gen.3 could also add to the sustainability. But who's to say there isn't another Cube around the corner .....

There is never a guaranteed good time to buy or sell.

Which is a cold bitter way of saying ... I wished I purchased shares the same value of Macs each time I bought one ... hay ho.... :(

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I bought it years ago when it was about $85. It went up to around 120 while I had it, and then crashed as you all know. It did split once since then, so at its current price it is FINALLY almost back to what I bought it at :eek:

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Ding! Ding! Ding!

For the first time in 4 years, Apple Stocks break the 40$ barrier ^_^

Congratulations to mr. Anderson for doubling his investment.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
rikers_mailbox said:
Picked up my AAPL stock at $24. . . I'm loving the upward trend, but I will admit my trigger finger is gettin' itchy.

Same here, except I bought at (an average) of $15. Oh, what to do?

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
yellow said:
Same here, except I bought at (an average) of $15. Oh, what to do?

At least, don't sell under 44$ ^_ ^, the revised estimated year-end target, which I'm pretty sure it will reach. Why not make it 45$, just so you can brag that the value of your investment tripled. ;)

Nice. AAPL is up 1.27$ today, a 3.23% gain. Those new iMacs must be selling like hot cakes. Last trading hour was awesome ^_^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.