Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Westside guy said:
Hey, I remember a spreadsheet called Multiplan (I think I have the name right) that a certain small little Redmond software company wrote for the Apple II way back in the day. Probably predates all this stuff. :D

VisiCalc was the first spreadsheet app made for the Apple II. Written by two fellers who called themselves Software Arts Inc.

For more info check out http://www.bricklin.com

Mac|caM

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2004
Okie-homa
Timelessblur said:
well for the list we can start with oh umm DashBoard

iTunes (sorry I dont rember the name of the 3rd party medai player in the works before it came out but I have seen some stuff on it and oddly a lot of the same stuff is in it but it was made the same dev)

The Dock (did come Jobs former company)

Appleworks (kind of a copy off of MSworks and what not)

Sherlock or was it watson one or the other....

apple has a history of doing stuff like this.
Yeah MS copys more stuff but there is a differnerts MS does not state blantly state they came up with the idea but when apple steals they steal hard core and state it all there own work

Dont call me a troll I just am not a blind zealot and know a more about the computing world and what is going on in there then most people here

Given that your entire claim was just destroyed in two posts, plus the fact that you don't know even know which product you're talking about ("Sherlock or was it watson one or the other..."), and the utter lack of spelling/grammar/mechanics/knowledge of the language you speak, you obviously don't "know a more about the computing world and what is going on in there then most people here". Please learn what you are talking about about before spouting gibberish and generally engaging in troll-like behavior. Thank you.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Remember the Outbound Kanga notebook computers, before and better than Apple's early notebooks. I have seven (?) of them around here. They were great machines but my understanding is Apple Legal nailed them. Apple should have encouraged them. They did a great job. You just added MacPlus or SE ROMs and you had an LCD notebook computer ages ago. I bought them for myself and all my sales people.

-Walter
in Vermont

morkintosh

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2003
David Lundgren said:
and as far as the "pizza box" design, see the Performa entry level line from the general 1994 era. Nothing new here, and it was Apple that did it first.

Not to nitpick, but I think Sun did it first. See this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.