1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple is 'rising star' of the stock market

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 3, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator emeritus

It closed at $55.31 today and had a high over $56.00, so I was wrong. I mentioned that, after a year of the G5 iMac, Apple would be solidly at $55. For being wrong, I don't feel so bad.

3. macrumors 6502a

macridah

apple time is now and their momentum probably won't stop anytime soon. I trade stocks frequently and broke the rule of never falling in love with a stock and just cut your loses.

I bought apple on a dip when it dropped from 50 to 25 in a couple of days. I thought it was a steal of the century until it dropped to 13. This was 2001-ish and instead of cutting my loses when it went to 20, i held on. At 13, i not only double my bet to have a lower cost average, I went x5. My cost average now is ~15. I still don't plan on selling anytime soon. With the G5 iMac selling like hot cakes, xmas around the corner ... i'll wait til the next earnings announcement--but probably still not sell .... there is still tiger baby.

4. macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I am so glad I told our broker to buy at $38 dollars about a month ago. And I think it is only going to get better the demand for G5 iMacs has skyrocketed and christmas is coming. Time to buy people!