1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple is selling a Power Mac G4 for $2,042 ...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jessica Lares, Oct 16, 2012.

1. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

2. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

3. macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

4. orestes1984, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

macrumors 65816

Me thinks its a bug ;) the order numbers work for a few of the machines, see what else you can find...

5. macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Interesting that they're advertising it there as if it were better and faster than the newer Macs...I wonder what would happen if I just clicked "Add to Cart" and paid for it...Just to see what I'd get.

6. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Shows up when I add it to the cart. I too would be interested in finding out if one could really pay for it. But, I would be more interested in Apples response :D

7. macrumors 68040

666sheep

What bug?! Think different ;) Apple just trying to get some share in collectors market :p

8. macrumors 6502

skateny

Gotta be a mistake. Can't see them offering these without support. And if true, they'd likely announce PowerPC prior to offering these products.

Stay tuned. . .

9. macrumors 65816

I added 20 Power Macs to my cart, they want $40000 apparently. The cart works I can go through to the checkout page, let's see which one of us is willing to make an order to see what Apples response is. :rolleyes:

10. macrumors 6502a

PowerPCMacMan

is this really for real?

If this is not a typo, I might get one.. has anyone checked the USA apple store to see if the MDD G4 is on that site?

Thanks

PPCMM

11. macrumors 68040

666sheep

OMG, it's uber-rarity! First time I clicked on link in OP, I didn't pay attention to the picture... ...and it's 733 MDD! :eek: :eek: :eek: I understand that price now ;)

12. macrumors 6502

skateny

Nothing on Google about this, though I still believe it's a mistake.

Apple stopped "thinking different" about such things a long time ago. One of the casualties of financial and corporate success.

13. macrumors regular

Braniff747SP

14. macrumors P6

Intell

I'm extremely tempted to order the iBook one. Wonder what'll arrive at my doorstep if anything actually does.

15. macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

I did a search on the apple online store page (Up in the gray bar at the top of the page) and just typed in G4 i also tried G3 and G5 but no macs came up. I tried this on the USA version of the store and only The mini DVI to VGA (And DVI) adapter comes up.:)

16. macrumors 68020

True, they'll be selling a G5 or a G4 Cube next lol.

"512MB memory (DDR333 SDRAM)
    40GB Ultra ATA hard drive"

And to think that was once top-of-the-range specs.

17. macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

If anything my guess would be a MacBook Pro. That would be cool to know if the iBook apple is selling is really what there shipping:D

18. macrumors 68030

WardC

Hold your horses folks. Apple isn't getting them in for eight more days. Then you can bathe in your two thousand dollar G4 glory ;-)

19. macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

Ok, it says it has a scrolling pad... is that true? Does ibook G4 come with a scrolling track pad?

20. macrumors 68040

California

Yes it did. Only the last revision of the 12" and the 14" iBooks (mid 2005) came with s trackpad, sudden motion sensor etc.

Boy that old apple iBook price was steep. I bought one new for $899 in late 2005.

21. macrumors 6502

skateny

Probably will take Apple a few days to buy up and restore all these old Macs and iBooks on eBay at a discount.v:rolleyes:

22. macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

If only I had $1300 laying around. I miss my iBook

23. macrumors 65816

Someone hurry up and put their money where there mouth is :D

24. macrumors 68000

4JNA

warp drive.

i was unaware that the G4 possessed quantum leap processing... not bad for an aging machine! i'm guessing by ultra efficient system architecture they mean 'fans loud enough to make you cry' straight away. fast bus and louder than one by a mile and stuff. with pretty shiny doors. always loved that look.

i'd just like to actually have one that wasn't all scratched to hell. could never afford a new one back when, so when through lots of used ones instead.

cool trip in the way back machine. :apple:

25. macrumors member

i loved the iBook besides eMacs we also had iBook G4s in my high school i always wanted a iBook. However no i no longer need a laptop i never go anywhere that opts me to bring a laptop if i do i bring my Windows laptop i use for games that my Pentium 4 cannot handle :p