Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barvow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Fort Worth, TX
I got an email from Apple yesterday that the 4Ti card that they owed me from my 933 mHz that I had ordered in March had been shipped. It came by overnight FedEx this morning!:D

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
I decided to investigate this further, and with no luck at the Apple Store, I did find this...

However, when you actually click, it says it's ony for PC, but I think this means it's coming soon...

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 386

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by shadowfax0
I decided to investigate this further, and with no luck at the Apple Store, I did find this...

However, when you actually click, it says it's ony for PC, but I think this means it's coming soon...

Expect them to charge more for the Mac version. That is the case with the nVidia cards more often then not.

barvow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Fort Worth, TX
Originally posted by Choppaface
which model? the 4600?

I haven't had time to sit down and install mine, so I haven't opened the static protective wrapping. I believe from reading back when they were first announced that it's the 4600 model.
Apple ships it with one of their new DVI to VGA adapter cables,
which is white to match the new white hardware. I've been running a Formac Gallery 1740 LDC display (which connects by ADC) and a 17" CRT on my 4MX card, but now I will need the adapter cable they sent, since the 4Ti outputs are ADC and DVI.

I'll post what model it is when I install it tonight.

barvow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, it's the 4600 model. With a fan built into the top of the
chip enclosure. I haven't had time to run any tests, but it is
really nice.

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
sounds good...if they sent you 4400's that'd kinda be penny pinching

it's going to be interesting to see some radeon 8500 vs. GF4 TI 4600 jagwire benchmarks :D :D

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
Does it have an ADC connector? If it does, I think I may buy it to solve my graphics card woes, I've been through two cards already, adn neither worked, so I think this is my last shot, either it works, or bust. Also, could you test it out on Quake adn Wolf...? I think that would amke all of us happy :D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by shadowfax0
Does it have an ADC connector? If it does, I think I may buy it to solve my graphics card woes, I've been through two cards already, adn neither worked, so I think this is my last shot, either it works, or bust. Also, could you test it out on Quake adn Wolf...? I think that would amke all of us happy :D

Think about this for a second... the card shipped from APPLE. It would have shipped inside the computer, but they didn't have the cards at the time. Have you seen ANY card from Apple in the past year or so WITHOUT an ADC connector???

End slapping session...

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
Ahh, AlphaTech, jsut the person I wanted to talk to...::smiles evily:: Remember that foruma while ago where you gave me advice on buying a new graphics card...yes, yes, you remember. Well jsut let me tell you this for future reference....THE DVIator does NOT work for ADC equipped CRT's!!! ::heaving breaths:: I thought you are supposed to be head of the Apple repair team! ...Sorry, I'm sure you're awesome at what you do, but I'm just letting you in on my misfortune, which is partly my fault I suppose. Anyhow, if anyone else askes, you know what to tell them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.