Apple is shipping the nVidia 4Ti cards

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by barvow, May 14, 2002.

1. barvow macrumors member

I got an email from Apple yesterday that the 4Ti card that they owed me from my 933 mHz that I had ordered in March had been shipped. It came by overnight FedEx this morning!:D

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

3. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

I decided to investigate this further, and with no luck at the Apple Store, I did find this...

However, when you actually click, it says it's ony for PC, but I think this means it's coming soon...

Attached Files:

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Expect them to charge more for the Mac version. That is the case with the nVidia cards more often then not.

5. barvow thread starter macrumors member

I haven't had time to sit down and install mine, so I haven't opened the static protective wrapping. I believe from reading back when they were first announced that it's the 4600 model.
    Apple ships it with one of their new DVI to VGA adapter cables,
    which is white to match the new white hardware. I've been running a Formac Gallery 1740 LDC display (which connects by ADC) and a 17" CRT on my 4MX card, but now I will need the adapter cable they sent, since the 4Ti outputs are ADC and DVI.

I'll post what model it is when I install it tonight.

6. barvow thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it's the 4600 model. With a fan built into the top of the
    chip enclosure. I haven't had time to run any tests, but it is
    really nice.

7. Choppaface macrumors 65816

sounds good...if they sent you 4400's that'd kinda be penny pinching

it's going to be interesting to see some radeon 8500 vs. GF4 TI 4600 jagwire benchmarks :D :D

8. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

Does it have an ADC connector? If it does, I think I may buy it to solve my graphics card woes, I've been through two cards already, adn neither worked, so I think this is my last shot, either it works, or bust. Also, could you test it out on Quake adn Wolf...? I think that would amke all of us happy :D

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Think about this for a second... the card shipped from APPLE. It would have shipped inside the computer, but they didn't have the cards at the time. Have you seen ANY card from Apple in the past year or so WITHOUT an ADC connector???

End slapping session...

10. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

Ahh, AlphaTech, jsut the person I wanted to talk to...::smiles evily:: Remember that foruma while ago where you gave me advice on buying a new graphics card...yes, yes, you remember. Well jsut let me tell you this for future reference....THE DVIator does NOT work for ADC equipped CRT's!!! ::heaving breaths:: I thought you are supposed to be head of the Apple repair team! ...Sorry, I'm sure you're awesome at what you do, but I'm just letting you in on my misfortune, which is partly my fault I suppose. Anyhow, if anyone else askes, you know what to tell them!