Apple is taking forever to update iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nightdweller25, Apr 17, 2005.

1. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

I really wish Apple would release a new version of iTunes, like iTunes 5 to see what new tricks they have up their sleeve. When iLife 05' was released, all the apps were updated except iTunes of course... Ugh, iTunes is my favorite app and I hate to see it be neglected like this. :( :( :(

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Perhaps Apple has something up their sleeve when Tiger is released. However, I don't think iTunes has any problems and works fine. If anything needs an update, it's the Windows version because SP2 is still causing some problems on several machines I use.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Well..

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    I bet iTunes lags a bit because of the difficulties in generating an app for both Mac and PC users. All the cool features we have come to expect from the iApps just don't translate easily into the PC environment without some major rewriting.
    Also, iTunes doesn't produce anything, really. It is simply a way to get more people to buy iPods and it's meant to be simple and efficient, not complex and feature packed.

4. brap macrumors 68000

...which is a damn shame, because since its inception it has completely decimated the market for competing players - losing some with really neat features.

Responsibility in a dog-eat-dog marketplace? There aren't enough damn dogs.

5. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

I hold firm on my guess for iTunes 5 as an iTunes music store anniversary announcement to also tie in with Tiger.
    At least I sure hope so. iTunes needs some more excitement.

6. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

One MAJOR thing (for me) that iTunes lacks is the ability to write the track titles to an audio CD. That's something it really lacks, my cd player in my truck reads the labels if provided - a cool feature that iTunes doesn't have :(

EDIT: spelling ;)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

they are either waiting for the iTunesMS anniverisary (when is it again?) or they are just trying to make it as best as they can, with enough changes and enhancements for a whole upgrade release

they do have to code it for two different systems now so thats gotta slow 'em down, but i am looking forward to it one of these days

8. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Of course this feature is part of iTunes. What version are you using 1.0?

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its not a feature of 4.7.1, i know that, the track titles are not burned onto the cd to be read by any player, Toast does this, but iTunes cannot, and it is so simple that i am unsure of why iTunes doesnt have it yet

10. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

Like the above poster I have iTunes 4.71, and unless you know something we don't please tell us how to burn audio CD's with track titles! I would love to have that functionality.

11. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I'm using the latest version and the track titles aren't written to the CD... I think this feature has yet to be included.

12. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Well for me iTunes is fine just as it is but updates never hurt :p

Edit: well the titles could be nice

13. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

The one thing that really needs to be fixed is this bug where you can't connect to anyone who's shared music 5 times in the last 24 hours. I've sent a bug report to Apple about this one. :(

:mad:

14. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

At this rate I can see iTunes X for Longhorn... As always I'm pretty happy with iTunes but they come always with a lot of surprises and thing I thought I didn't need but I use them if I have them.

15. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I don't think it's a bug.

Don't know why it was introduced but I think it was done purposefully...

16. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Undo never works for me in iTunes. I'd like to see playlist folders and the ability to randomize random smart playlists.

17. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

iTMS is 2 years this 28th April, iirc. With rumours of new stores, you'd think there would be at least a minor update. We've been on iTunes 4 for nearly 2 years now...

All i want is the ability to put playlists into folders a la iPhoto 5.

18. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

You're right. Sorry. :eek:

19. ahamilt2 macrumors member

Rendezvous still has some firewall bugs that need to be worked out. Plus there's a lot of wasted space in the interface and there could be a lot more functions such as getting album art automatically.

20. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

iTunes could stand for improvement, but it certainly isn't desperate for one. Besides, it's widely used consumer software, and ignorant consumers like to upgrade as infrequently as possible.