Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thiagos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
NYC (Manhattan)
I am sick and tired of Mobile Me. I signed up for this e-mail service when it was still .Mac which worked fine. After the switch I am getting nothing but problems.
So this started happening a week ago, after I read my e-mails they disappear, I have had tons of important e-mails disappear on me. Is this why I pay $99 for a year? This mediocre service?
People replying to the posts saying for you to adjust your account setting, it is plain BS, there is something wrong on Apple Servers and I want it FIXED NOW!
I am extremely angry because I had an important work e-mail that I received, which I didn't have time to reply until it disappeared. Now I don't know where the e-mail came from nor do I remember the entire e-mail body.
And let me not get started with Snow Leopard....

UPDATE:

So I contacted Apple and they couldn't find anything wrong with my account. The funny thing is that I have recently found tons of threads on apple.com's forum stating that their e-mails are disappearing so I know it is not the way my e-mail is setup. It happens both on the iPhone and on my mac. There is someone at Apple running some tests for me but it seems that I am more knowledgeable on computers than he is, so let's see what happens. What infuriates me is that I just renewed my service a few weeks ago, I will attempt to cancel and get a refund instead.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
Can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do. I, too, have used MM for quite some time and have been disappointed with how lackluster the service has been.

My renewal is up in one week and I've been on the fence about renewing it but I'm fairly certain I'm not going to this time around. The features are quite dated now since most can be had for either much less money (often times free).

The iDisk was giving me some grief over a span of one week that I finally gave up and started using my semi-dormant Dropbox account b/c of it. I'm not going to evangelize one or condemn another, but what I'm getting for free from Dropbox at least equals what I was paying for on MM.

Anther point of contention is the me.com web portal... their webmail access is too slow to be useful. Everything else works fine (calendars, contacts, idisk, etc.) but just trying to access e-mail through the Webmail system is ridiculously slow. I finally forwarded everything back over to my old Yahoo account and started using that again.

Love my Mac and my iPhone, but no love for the MM this year.

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
i hear you guys...my renewal is due in 2 weeks and i think im just gonna stick to my gmail account.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I love the service when it works properly.

I'm a professor and find it a great way to always have my lectures available. I had an issue a few months ago where some files would not update with mobileme. I'd update a lecture on my MBP, but the update wouldn't go to my cloud (it'd be an older file). I had to call Apple and they had to reset everything which was annoying and a hassle. Somehow my calendar got messed up during the fix. So long as it works, it's great.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
I'm always surprised when people mention problems with MobileMe. I've never had one problem since I joined last May.

If it isn't working for you use something else. Nothing you pay for should work poorly if it isn't your fault.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Mobile Me is horrible. Thankfully I didn't pay for it, but certainly won't re-up. I use the web-based email for my main email and it either has trouble loading or incredibly slow about 90% of the time. Horrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.