Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
it is the 15 of october
today officially ends the 45 days regarding app store payments for august

yet i have not seen 1 cent of our >5000 $ reported apps sales

nor have we received a single reply from any of their services to any of the info requests regarding this important issue we sent in the last week and a half

if you consider important getting paid for your work of course...
and being able to pay the ppl that work with you...

some ppl could actually call this a critical issue,
they are basically violating the contract
and keeping our deserved earnings longer than stated in contract and in a totally disrespectful way

unfortunatelly this behavior has been the standard in the dev program (except for receiving the admision fee, this they process quicly indeed)

some ppl over the apple dev forums seem to find amusing the total lack of respect from apple services each time anything goes wrong with some other dev,
or when new ppl start to go nuts with this shamefull reality
but this is actually quite troubling,
as we all should start to realize this is not serious business conducted by serious ppl

there are currently no conditions at all to consider some kind of future in this model where you are always depending in this unreliable and unresponsive entity that has ultimate control on you work, your earnings and a significant part of your customer relationships

is it even legal ?
what kind of rights do we have ?

we have signed contracts,
financial reports
all bank info is correct,

basically apple is "stealing" and does not even bother to answer paid members legitim issues

johnnybluejeans

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
New York, NY
Have you called Apple, or are you just sending emails? Sending emails is not going to get you anywhere.

You shouldn't get so uptight, do you really think a multi-billion dollar company like Apple is out to steal money from developers? Do you really think they would tarnish their reputation and their brand to steal your measly $5000? No. Relax and give them a call. For all you know it is your banks fault and not Apples.

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
i prefer to call them well deserved earnings for my work instead of measly...
tx

i am sure they are not after me or my money,
there must be better targets out there :D

but as it is,
they are not respecting the contracts they made

i would also expect a multimillion dollar company to have resources to answer to their support channels,
they always contacted me thru email

why should i not expect them to reply ?

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
why should i not expect them to reply ?

Why aren't you trying to call a real person about this? Everyone got paid for August at the end of September. If you didn't get paid, you should be on the phone raising hell, not mucking around with emails. It's been my experience that the only email address that gets a quick response is iTSPayments@apple.com, and only for the first response. A followup takes weeks. But as I said, email is not the proper channel, if you expect any results.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
I hope you worded your emails to them better than you typed your message here. Otherwise im not surprised they didn't give it much attention.
Call them. This is Apple we're talking about here. They are not going to screw you over :rolleyes:
Whatever the delay, im sure they have good reason. Unless you happen to be the developer of MobileChat? In which case they paid most of the money back to customers already by way of refunds :p

robotspacer

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Everybody keeps saying to call them, like it's such an obvious thing to do... Where are you getting a phone number from? iTunes Connect only lists email addresses under Contact Us. I've never been able to find a number on the ADC site either.

tewks

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
Has anyone gotten any answers for this? I too am owed thousands of dollars.

The iTSpayments people have been very quick to respond in the past; they now do not answer my emails.

The ADC is not iTunes; I do not see why calling ADC would help at all.

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
The ADC is not iTunes; I do not see why calling ADC would help at all.

Because they will sometimes transfer you to someone who can help. If you're not getting paid, you should try every single avenue at your disposal.

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
no changes so far...
neither any kind of reply

i also had the notion that itspayments was more efficient and reponsive
but it seems it is only until you try to get paid or find out why you havent´t

anybody else starting to rethink the validity of iphone dev as serious professional option ?

at least while it is controlled by this absurd entity that just invest on media exposure and is run by ridiculous ppl with most utterly disrespectful mentality toward its user and dev base
(and it is getting worse lately)

jstanier

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Brighton, England.
I'm still waiting for my September money. I'm going to wait until the end of this month, and if I still haven't seen it I'll get in contact with them. Fortunately this is only some money on the side of my regular income, so there's no rush. However, if it was I'd be worried not knowing when I was going to get paid!

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
ah
but some of us are still waiting on our july payments...

september payments should be processed around the 25 of this month for the blessed ones that are indeed getting paid

this is regarding us store payments,

i am not sure about the others,
has any one been paid for the other itunes stores for july or august ?

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
I'm still waiting for my September money. I'm going to wait until the end of this month, and if I still haven't seen it I'll get in contact with them. Fortunately this is only some money on the side of my regular income, so there's no rush. However, if it was I'd be worried not knowing when I was going to get paid!

You should be paid near the end of October for September earnings. No sooner.

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I have been paid for all regions, about 25 days after the earnings period ended. All of the payments came in within a 3 day period.

tx for the info ;)
may i just ask if you are us based ?

this payments story is getting really strange...

some devs report they only been paid for us store,
others none so far
and from what you say some have already been paid for all the stores

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
may i just ask if you are us based ?

Yes, U.S. based.

and from what you say some have already been paid for all the stores

Yes, I've been paid for everything the financial reports said I'd be paid for. If I weren't getting paid, I would contact itunes financial first, then I'd call ADC, and raise a stink until they transfered me to someone who could do something about it. If that didn't work, I'd start contacting the media.

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
i have been trying to contact itspayments for over 2 weeks

i am based in portugal that has no adc tel contact and from other ppl reports it has not been helping then that much...

but i guess monday i will try to contact the uk number

Nonnus3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
well i finally called adc uk
(i had not done this before because i am based in portugal and those phone numbers state they operate only within respective countries, but fring did it)

i can now understand why some users here suggest to call,
those ppl are really friendly !
it seems unfair to them such bad reports we have been giving
although they are aware they are taking 3 weeks to answer mails,
but my call was answered in 20 secs by a human

weird logistics if u ask me...

but i guess i will never send an email again to devprograms

ah yes, the adc number is mostly for dev program support
not really for itspayments

the human mailed me 15 minutes later asking me to forward the mails i had sent to its payments

now im waiting for further developments

tip of the day for dev support:
use free voip on free fring and call free adc number listed on:
http://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.html

quick, easy and free !!!

tewks

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
As predicted, ADC was useless in terms of getting payment information; however, they were extremely nice. They also claimed that a response would take three weeks minimum. This is a bit ridiculous.

ukpayphone

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Apple are fraudsters. We have been waiting 11 months for more than $1600 from itspayments, but Apple keep taking $100 fees here and there and the told us there wasn't enough money to send (down to $986 after all their charges). We then threatened to take them to court and they have started sending us checks from each teritory whihc they know we are unable to bank. This is clearly simply another way for Apple to ensure that people don'g get the money they are due. The person sho is supposed to be responsible for these payments is Catherine Greer (cgreer@apple.com). I have actually spoken to her and she has agreed the payments but the can only pay by chexks, not even in to the nominated bank accounts. They need to seriously be investigated by the authorities.

Troglodyte

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Where exactly are you?

I'm in the UK and have absolutely no problems getting payments from Apple. They've even recently changed their banking arrangements so now it seems payments originate from an EU-based account so I don't get nailed £8 by my bank on every payment.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
today officially ends the 45 days regarding app store payments for august

yet i have not seen 1 cent of our >5000 $ reported apps sales

but some of us are still waiting on our july payments...
At first you complain about not having been paid for August. Then you complain you're still waiting for your July payment. It all seems a bit confusing to me. Have you ever been paid? For any region? If not, I would think that the problems lies with your bank setup in iTunes Connect.

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
At the beginning i would have agreed with you, i looked at my daily reports and so on and my first payment was not even close to what it should have been, but apple (who got back to me very very fast, within 2 hours) assured me that it would just roll over to the next month and it did, i got twice as much money as i expected the second month! :) and now 3 months later, my reports and payments are bang on exact each and every time! I think at the start when you sign up and start getting paid, it goes a bit messy until Apple's systems catch up with your sales and by the 3rd or 4 th month it seems to to exactly how you expect it. So there might be a few people that get there payments screwed up but as far as i have read and seen from other devs, they do a good job for the most part. I for one am very grateful for Apple, every little helps (As the add on tv says... ). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.