Apple-ISP.co.uk launches new UK Mac friendly internet acces...

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes but...

DIAL-UP only!

Really helpful.

And really bland uninformative site -- sorry, but it doesn't inspire confidence.

In fact, no telephone number or address... hmmm.

2. JLS macrumors 6502

Its exactly the same as a load of sites that offer dial up.. (like UK2 comes to mind) they have huge contention ratios and as a result are very slow.

Nothing especailly mac friendly about a dial up number and account details...

3. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Actually, the suggestion that Apple users need special ISPs, or else Internet access won't work with Mac OS (X) is rather Mac-unfriendly...

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Yeah, I agree completely. Special 'Mac friendly' things for standard items like blimin' dial up suggest that Mac's have special compatibility issues, which only serves to furthers the misconception that a Mac is a niche product rather than a viable alternative.

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i do not get it ? how can they be the fastest dial up company in the UK ? errr if i cast my mind back the max you could connect on 56k was like 44 or around there.

arrrrrr 56k i remember that , that was when i had a Peee Ceee lol makes me remember all them slow loading pages and downloads at 4-6k THANK F@£* FOR BROADBAND

Tom

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Crap website, crap service, nothing "Apple" about it at all...

[​IMG]

7. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

"support" in this case probably means technical support, in case anything goes wrong. I know a couple of ISPs that don't offer support for the Mac, even though you get an internet connection just fine.

8. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

alot of isp's support macs now, i have used several. Why is this a big deal especially considering that its only dial up?

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

this thread is still here! wow even the website is still there thought that it would have slipped into the void region of the tinternet

http://www.apple-isp.co.uk

bless little Jonny !

"I live for CounterStrike after getting hooked on it at university, but now I live in the country ... without broadband. I've been using your dialup connection to get some frags! Your low Ping makes a world of difference!"

Jonny Robinson, Oxfordshire