Apple Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SolidSnake, Sep 30, 2006.

1. SolidSnake macrumors regular

I'm having a problem with my Apple keyboard. I've had it for almost a year now and it's giving me problems. Last night i got my computer [Mini] and when i went to open up safari i could not type anything. and when a left click and right click i get the right click menu. Keep in mind that this has happened before and i've switched keyboards. When i use my alternative keyboard everything works okay. And i still have my apple keyboard in and when i press the volume up + down (which i really need) i have to press a couple of keys on my other keyboard to get the proper function back with my mouse + keyboard. Sorry if this sounds confusing but i need to know what is going on. Any ideas?

2. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

is your keyboard plugged into a usb hub rather than directly into the mac, as i have found that this makes a difference

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

4. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Wired, and i did have it into a hub, but then i plugged in it directly to my Mini. Same thing :mad:

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Did you check your keyboard/mouse settings in system preference? check it out and if you have another computer.. plug the problematic KB into it and tell us the results.

Bless

6. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

I just plugged into my windows machine. Same results. It's almost like a key is being pressed down so i can't use the other keys. but i don't know what is going on.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Might need a clean out. What about the mouse..is it working?

Bless

8. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Yea it works, but when i left click it gives me the right click menu and i can't click on anything. Same thing with the Right click button. I'll take a look at the keys.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Make sure your mouse(Mighty mouse?) is not set up to have the bottons flipped around...it could be real simple.:eek:

Bless

10. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

No I'm using a Microsoft Mouse. And that hasn't gave me problems + I'm not using there software. I'm pretty sure it's the keyboard. I really don't understand it.

[Edit] It starting working properly, i don't know what i did, i took all of the keys out from the bottom row, ctrl, alt, apple, space, ect and then i tried to type and click and now it's working. It's really confusing me now because that's what happened before. I guess my problem is pretty much solved? I plan on getting a Kensington Apple keyboard anyway by christmas. Thanks for the help.