Apple Keyboard on XP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kerpow, Mar 6, 2006.

1. kerpow macrumors 6502

This has probably been asked loads of times but from the suggestions made in other threads or other forums I still can't get it to work.

I've installed Apple K Pro and something from Randyrants.com. Both were rubbish, making unnessarily difficult ways around it.

I have to use a PC at work but have a Mac as well which I find easier to use for certain tasks and now have them both connected to USB KVM Switch.

Obviously I need Print Screen working so I can paste a screen shot into Outlook/Work/MSPaint.

How difficult can it be?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

You would be better off using a nice Windows keyboard with both...since it has the extra buttons, but isn't lacking any.

3. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

I've got a similar setup, with a usb Apple keyboard. I tried to sort out the @ and " confusion with a couple of little windows apps I downloaded, but gave up as neither seemed to do what I wanted (which was simply to re-map the problem keys) - they caused more confusion than they solved. So now if I'm emailing from Windows I just do a 'mental' remap. Other keys such as Alt/opt ctrl/cmd and so on are also easy to get your head round.
    The PrintScrn facility was different though. I downloaded a PrintScreen app from www.gadwin.com and assigned F14 to it - it works well, and will open up Photoshop (or whatever you like) so you can edit and then save the screenshot.
    And I keep the Apple keyboard, which feels so much nicer than the (admittedly very cheap) pc keyboard I have.

4. kerpow thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup same here. I used to have a filthy Compaq keyboard and an Apple keyboard with a broken "L" key, both of which were very annoying.

That Print Screen utility works very well. Thanks

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

6. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

It does... but there's some difference in what keys they have. Print Screen vs F14 is one of them.

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Oh thanks.

I was worried, because my friend was going to get USB version of Apple KB for his PC