Apple keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by trive, Feb 22, 2003.

1. trive macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    Look at that!
    That's my Apple keyboard USB (2 months old)...

Is the same for you, guys with a white keyboard?

I think it's quite strange......

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2002
    Charles City, Iowa
    Re: Apple keyboard

What do you want to know?:confused: It looks a little faded, but all keyboards fade over time.
  3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2002
    Notre Dame
    assuming this is your question, the keys do fade, but usually not that much. is it left in sunlight for prolonged periods of time? i've had my white keyboard for 6 months, and none of the keys have faded, especially those that i don't use that often. has it always been like that?
  4. trive thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    Every key is a bit faded (f1, f2, f3,... too)......
    But not so much.

My keyboard is only 2 months old.

Should I call Apple?

Anyway my keyboard is on my desk and hasn't been left in sunlight for long periods....

Thanks for your help.
  5. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    If it's really faded that fast in two months, call apple and ask them about it. The volume key shouldn't fade faster than other keys, unless you're constantly fiddling with the volume.

Apple may or may not consider this a reason to replace the keyboard [yet]. If they turn down a replacement request now, wait until you have keys that are almost faded totally or until your warranty is about a month from expiring and try again.

I've had a white keyboard for almost a year and it doesn't look anywhere near as faded as yours seems to be.
  6. trive thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    thanks for your help.

i'm going to wait for a week or two and see what happens.

Thanks again.

7. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    That is really faded for two months of use. I use my Apple Pro keyboard that I bout about a year and a half ago, and it has yet to show signs of fading. All of the key labels are still close to perfect. The only thing is that the space bad has become shiny from use, so, no, it definitely should not fade that quickly.