Apple Keyboards - Huh?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by J@ffa, Aug 23, 2006.

1. J@ffa, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012

J@ffa macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2002
    Behind you!
    I've got an iMac G5, and since I got it about a year or two ago I've managed to go through two keyboards (the second just a day ago). They're great keyboards and the only reason they've gone wrong is because I've spilt water on them both times, but anyhoo. I'm looking on the Apple UK online store now, and I'm thoroughly confused. Not only is there an 'Apple Keyboard', there's also an 'Apple Keyboard (white) - English', and an 'Apple Keyboard (white) - English (Int'l)'. What's the difference between these three? They're all the same price, so :confused:.

Also, is there any kind of cover I can put on it to avoid water killing it this time? Or do they uglify or impede keyboard use? I type a LOT so if they slow down typing or make it easier to mis-hit keys I'd rather take my chances! :)
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Different key layouts I imagine.

The First is prolly American
    second British
    and 3rd is the International layout.

you could try not drinking around your computer
  3. NATO macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    It's times like that where I would call and place the order over the phone saying "Please could you just send me the British Apple Keyboard, there's 3 different variants on the website and I don't know which one is the standard UK one"

At least that way, if they get it wrong, they'll have to take it back and give you the right one :p

But it's very very odd... the 'Apple Keyboard' and 'Apple Keyboard - White' don't actually seem to be different at all, even the feedback comments are the exact same for each!
  4. reflex macrumors 6502a

May 19, 2002
    "Apple Keyboard" is probably the local version. But I'm not sure, since I've never ordered one of those.
  5. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    I agree!
  6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

Jun 15, 2005
    For spill protection I use an iSkin Protouch XT and it does not slow down my typing or make me hit the wrong keys. It actually makes typing a lot quieter too.
  7. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    The devil is in the details so give a call. They are usually very helpful, and sometimes they'll correct things on the web site based on feedback. Amazing concept for a company these days, but it does everyone a favor.
  8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Have you got a PC World near you? I'd call them up first and ask how much they are. I got mine from PC World and it was actually cheaper than the Apple store and ten pounds cheaper than the Mac shop across the street. You could get it quick that way too.

They'll also only have one type in store which should make it easier to choose!!