Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Can an Apple keyboard hook up to a PC? Im looking at a wireless apple keyboard.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Lopez.T.H. said:
Can an Apple keyboard hook up to a PC? Im looking at a wireless apple keyboard.

Why would you want to? The Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (and Mouse) are terrible. Beautiful design, but poor battery life, and the mouse is a burden to use.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Verto said:
Why would you want to? The Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (and Mouse) are terrible. Beautiful design, but poor battery life, and the mouse is a burden to use.
The battery life on the mouse isn't great (about 2 months), but I've had my computer about 7 months, and the original batteries in keyboard are still going strong (last I looked the meter was at 35%).

..But I don't think either the BT keyboard or mouse will work with a PC. :(

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Dr. Dastardly said:
And yes you can use it with a PC.
Not according to Apple...
Apple said:
Important: Requires a Bluetooth enabled Macintosh (either built-in or using the qualified D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter (Hardware version B2 or later. Older D-Link DWB-120M adapters are not supported). Mac OS X, v10.2.6 or higher required.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Dr. Dastardly said:
I like the apple keyboards. Mouse I would rather use a logitech but I do keep the keyboards.

And yes you can use it with a PC.

Same here- I use a "wired" Apple Keyboard (for the 2 extra USB ports) and a Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse.

And as Dr. Dastardly said, you should be able to use an Apple Keyboard with a PC, although you might have to rearrange some of the keys in windows.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
bgd said:
Where is this meter? Not something I've come across.
Best Widget ever invented! :D I hate when I have to pay for things like widgets, but this one was designed and works so well I didn't mind $5.
miniStat2

or...

go to system preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Bluetooth, it will give you an idea of how much juice you've got left.

bgd

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
SG
Great.

After about 3 months of mini ownership both mouse and keyboard show 100% battery life. Turn them off when not in use, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.