Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
I was wondering if anyone has released a full Apple Keynote DVD. Not just talkin about 2006 but from the beginning (1984?) to now. That would be awesome. I've seen little clips of different keynotes on YouTube and P2P networks, but I'm looking for the real deal, full duration Keynotes.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i think there would be some copyright issues with that. from the most recent keynote stream:

"This broadcast and its contents are the sole property of Apple... ...you are strictly prohibited from making a copy or modification of, or from rebroadcasting or re-encoding..."

but it would be pretty schweet.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
shecky said:
i think there would be some copyright issues with that. from the most recent keynote stream:

"This broadcast and its contents are the sole property of Apple... ...you are strictly prohibited from making a copy or modification of, or from rebroadcasting or re-encoding..."

but it would be pretty schweet.
Yes, it would definitely be a copyright violation, and one that would get plenty of attention from Apple.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Demon Hunter said:
Yeah, I would pick that up. Heck, I would buy them off iTunes for $1.99/ea.

Oh man I would be very interested in that!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Is there a way we can make suggestions to Apple on products? I would love to have a petition for Apple to release these videos on the iTunes store. I'm sure they'll see some profit out of it.

br0adband

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
If you head over to YouTube and do a search for "apple keynote" you'll find a bunch of 'em, all the way back to pre-Mac days.

Hope this helps, somewhat...
bb

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Demon Hunter said:
Yeah, I would pick that up. Heck, I would buy them off iTunes for $1.99/ea.

That's a great idea! And it'd be a good money spinner from Apple's point of view.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
There use to be a web site called Applekeynotes.com which had (with the exception of about 3 speeches one of which was never recorded) ALL of the keynotes from 1997-2006. But it got shut down by apple legal after it gained some publicity. Then up until about a week ago there was a web site called ExpoWiki.org, created by two of the applekeynotes.com team, until they ran into bandwidth trouble and now that ones down too. I cant specifically tell you how to get any videos on here because I think I'd be banned, but just check torrent sites. or PM me and we can talk more about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.