Apple Keyobard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Smileyguy, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    I bought a secondhand 1.8 SP GD last year, and for some reason the chord on the keyboard I was given with it was WAY too short. I suspect it was probably originially for an iMac, but my G5 is on the ground and the wire is so short that my keyobard is about 1/4 off the desk.

So Im going out to buy a new keyboard, and my initial thought was naturally to just get another Apple one with a longer chord (they do come with longer chords, right?)

But now I'm thinking, maybe not. Perhaps for the same price I could find a nice, ergonomic ketboard (nothing like the Comfort one mentioned in the other thread, I want something about the same price as the apple).

Any suggestions?
  2. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Why not just get a longer USB cable?
  3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    you can get an USB extension for less than 5 bucks... ;)
  4. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    I might do that, but the keyboards not in good shape anyway. The space key is sort of jammed in the midde.

So my original question still stands!
  5. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2004
    Why not bluetooth for a wireless connection? You can get the dongle thingy for about 40 bucks new. Less on ebay I'm sure. Buy yourself a bluetooth keyboard and you'll never have to worry about a shorty cord... :D