Apple Knowledge Base falling under .Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GPTurismo, Aug 6, 2002.

1. GPTurismo macrumors 6502

Under the support section in the .Mac sections, it talks about the full web tech support a .Mac subscriber would get. One things it mentions is full access to the Apple Knowledge Base. Does this mean Apple might even consider the possibility of restricting some of their support to .Mac members only?

2. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

ouch. I can see apple alienating a lot more of their customers with that policy

3. dnte42 macrumors regular

Sheesh, wouldn't that be rediculous...I suppose it's possible although I really can't see it happening (but then, I'm happier that way too). I don't really know how they would restrcit the knowledge base anyhow. Would they only let the non-payer see the computer specs but not the articles on common software/hardware issues? If they restrict personal tech support, eh, it would suck horribly, but you can get help that is just as good on a few bulletin boards and irc channels.

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I don't care much for the knowledge base as I do for the discussion boards. Every time I have a problem (which is not often, remember I'm not an idiot because I baught a Mac in the first place) I can ALWAYS find the answer within a couple of minutes on there.

However, I think that this will just give more people the chance to bitch and moan about the "evil Apple conspiracy" and how Apple is trying to control our lives. They shouldn't, but they will. To all those that think that way, buy a wintel and be happy with your free knowledge base (you'll need it every 5 seconds:D ).

5. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: Apple Knowledge Base falling under .Mac

the moderators have said on the discussion forums that knowledge base stuff will still be freely accessible, as will all the current online support offerings. The only thing thats going to be specific to .mac members is .mac specific stuff like their own discussion forum where apple promises a 24 hour reply.

6. GPTurismo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for clearing that up. Apple has been having a lot of issues with their language lately :\

Cool name BTW S-42 ;)