Apple lauds Uru.... even though it won't be available for Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by simX, Nov 14, 2003.

1. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's interesting. I'm sure it will be amazing looking. Still, it's availability on Mac must have something to do with low sales of the other, more recent titles on Mac. I never even saw Riven for Mac until Myst III: Exile was available.

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

If I could ever find them I'd buy them both. I have Real Myst on my Mac and beat it in a day and want more but it's so dang impossible to find Riven and Exile anymore.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The Myst Triology has all 3 and is both Mac and PC-compatible and is probably costs less than RealMyst.

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I looked but only 2 and 3 were Mac compatible according to the packaging so I didn't buy it but couldn't find it after that day and the only time I found Myst again was when I found Real Myst at CompUSA for $30. I bought it because I remember how long it took me to play through it but yet I never finished it way back in the day and figured it'd take some time, but I realized it really is a short game and I just wasn't patient enough back in the day when I played it. Either way, once I get more money, I'll just search online and get the rest of the trilogy. It'd be nice if the new one comes to the Mac, though. Myst was originally a Macintosh only game so it is pretty upsetting to see that it is now "PC only".

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've got Riven for Mac, and have had since early 1998. So it's always been there, just hiding :)

I've actually got a Windows/Mac hybrid, but there's a possibility that they didn't release it like that in the US. The one I've got is a "Singapore Edition".

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I've only seen the hybrids as well when looking online, though I doubt it matters as long as it runs on the Mac.

8. simX thread starter macrumors 6502a

simX

The only Myst game I haven't gotten is Myst Masterpiece Edition. I did get realMyst, but that was a waste of my money, IMHO.

Myst was good though I didn't have the patience to get through it when I first purchased it, Riven was too complicated, and Exile was excellent. I wish that Riven would be updated to run natively in OS X, though, so I could try it again. That would rock. (Updating Myst to work nativel in OS X would rock, too.)

9. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

realMyst works native in OS X, at least. Do the others launch in Classic, then?