Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
What do people get out of rubbing what they see as the ignorance/stupidity of other people in those peoples' faces over choices like which brand of computer they buy? It comes across as nothing so much as a religious/anti-religious fervor, but I can't fathom what purpose it serves, or how it benefits anyone.

duty_calls.png

Because. Duty calls.

Dr Charter

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Oklahoma
You'll only ever see private schools with macs which acts as an addtional selling point otherwise public institutions and uni's will stick with windows.

Wrong. I've taught at two public and one private university. All had macs in their labs. They had PCs too but many public and private universities and even community colleges feature some macs in their labs and faculty/staff offices.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Wrong. I've taught at two public and one private university. All had macs in their labs. They had PCs too but many public and private universities and even community colleges feature some macs in their labs and faculty/staff offices.

I wasn't referring to America but Britain just so you're aware.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
Does anyone think that with crowded classrooms that a smaller 17 inch iMac model for schools would be a better choice? Heck for elementary students a 15 inch would be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.