Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Terrible offer, frankly. I dont care what anyone says. Microsoft are offering a far greater value of product - both in terms of worth and enjoyment - in the xbox, with computers that cost far less than a Mac.

I think it's legitimate to feel somewhat let down by this.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hmm. I know this might be crazy but I wonder if Apple is going to consider dropping the iPod Touch at some point in the future. Maybe they will update it one last time this September. With the unlocked iPhones being sold now and the next iPhone being delayed until September as well, who knows what will happen.

Maybe it's the fabled iPad mini being introduced.

Repo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
So not only is Apple saving ~$130, but that $100 goes partially to developers, musicians, etc. anyway. Super greed.

freddiculous

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Silver Lake Los Angeles
You're paying almost as much as I am for my 27" BTO iMac, with Apple Care and the printer!

Yeah i know thats why i was waiting on the itouch deal so i can resale to atleast bring my price down. But oh well i really need the portability and power of MBP. I can always connect this baby to a monitor when i need too. I guess ill try selling this damn itunes card but im sure no one will buy it.

freddiculous

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Silver Lake Los Angeles
Im really dissapointed in apple for not offering anything "magical" for BTS... i mean theyre known to do this..... Give us college students some credit we advertise your products for you in front of hundreds of STUDENTS. Oh well im just happy i finally got to order my MBP.

applenuub

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Asia?

So where is the offer for Apple shops in Asia? They usually have it. I know they had it in Japan with the iPod touch offer.

jvankuijk

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Question

I bought a MacBook last week for school. Do you think it's possible to still get the card?

Gr

cleric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
Makes more sense to me than an iPod at least this could theoretically be used for something school related (buying office 2011).

Arby74

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
Newby from the uk so please excuse my ignorance but do we still get the free printer and if so which one? Thanks

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Thank you for further proving my point.

Eh? Not quite. My point was that MS were offering something of tactile value to the consumer, as well as to themselves.

I don't know if you've seen Apple's "Top Paid" apps on the Mac App Store, out of 12, 8 or 9 are theirs, at least in the UK, which strikes me as a bit self-serving.

Ultimately, I just feel this is a bit crap compared to previous years. You can disagree, but the facts are there, alot of people on the board are disappointed by it, some don't mind.

I would bet my life savings that most people given the choice between an iPod touch or a voucher for Mac apps, everyone would take an iPod touch.

b0rg

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2009
Rippoff in europe, they let us pay the dollars prices in euro's for the hardware and when it comes to gift cards we only get 75 euro instead of 100!

Diyat

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
So when it comes to pricing their products USD = EUR. But when it's for price reduction this doesn't apply??

lvlarkkoenen

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Utrecht, NL
So now all of a sudden $100 is converted to €75 at Apple? At this rate, a base iMac should cost €900 instead of €1150. I realise there's more costs involved in getting an iMac to Europe that don't apply to the gift card, but still, for Americans the gift card is 1/12 of the price of the base iMac whereas in Europe it's 1/15. In Europe, the gift card isn't enough to get iWork, while in US it is with room to spare.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a Mini, so no gift card for me anyway. But why not include a €50 or even €35 gift card?

Edit: lol @ two posters above me who posted while I was typing :D

MacMarf

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Nice!

Only thing that pisses me off is that the states get a $100 gift card, and we a 75EU,- card, while exchange rates on the app store are 1:1

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
So when it comes to pricing their products USD = EUR. But when it's for price reduction this doesn't apply??

Get a clue. First consider that US prices don't include tax, European prices include huge amounts of tax (VAT, MwSt, whatever). Second, European prices include the cost for much higher cost of warranty due to European consumer protection laws.

Then look at prices for applications on the AppStore.

Rippoff in europe, they let us pay the dollars prices in euro's for the hardware and when it comes to gift cards we only get 75 euro instead of 100!

You can avoid the "ripped off" feeling by pressing the Cancel button and telling Apple that you don't want the gift card at all.

bananaboi

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
$100 for the Mac App Store.. Am I the only Mac user that still has NEVER bought anything from there? $100 credit in the iOS app store would've been more useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.