Apple Launches 2013 'Back to School' Promotion with Gift Cards Up to $100

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 2, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In line with a rumor from yesterday, Apple today launched its annual Back to School promotion offering qualified educational purchasers iTunes Store/App Store/iBookstore gift cards of up to $100 with the purchase of a new Mac, iPad, or iPhone. The program begins today and runs through September 6.
    As in past years, the Mac mini is excluded from the promotion, while all iPad (fourth-generation, iPad 2, and iPad mini) and iPhone (5, 4S, and 4) are eligible. Full requirements for eligibility are outlined in the terms and conditions (PDF).

[​IMG]
    The offer is available in the following countries, with gift card amounts varying based on local currency: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.

Update: Photos of new window displays for Apple's retail stores:

[​IMG]
    Photos from @applecultist
    Update 2: Photo of Back to School brochure:

[​IMG]
    Photo from @applecultist

Article Link: Apple Launches 2013 'Back to School' Promotion with Gift Cards Up to $100

2. macrumors 6502

BUT I JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL. Back to school already?!

3. macrumors 6502

Already saw it on Apple.com, ordered last week. Called Apple this morning and they told me they would give it to me since I called and had not received it yet. It would take about 3 weeks to process, but it would be emailed to me.

Just wanted to let everyone know! That was easy!

4. macrumors 68020

Aluminum213

Would have been nice if the new rMBPs were available

5. macrumors newbie

Cue whiny commentards complaining about not getting a free iPod again this year...

6. macrumors 6502

sounds good...

Now Apple just has to release the Haswell rMBP by September to make this circle complete. :D

7. macrumors 6502a

[/COLOR]

I'm in the same boat...who at Apple did you call?

8. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Exactly, I think that will happen. Or it will be shortly after in October.

9. macrumors 6502

I just called myapple and asked to speak to someone about my order. After I gave it my order number and it gave me tracking info I asked again to speak to someone.

The lady I got just said she was making sure it was still in transit and then she said she would send it to the back office and I would see it in 3 weeks.

10. macrumors member

mmberry1

This deal expires September 6th so you know the iPhone 5s launch is a week later.:cool:

11. CJM
    macrumors 65816

CJM

How far does $100 get you on App store software these days, anyway?

I was so ready to buy a new Retina, too.

12. macrumors regular

PeteJames

Does this mean new macs likely in September when it ends?

13. macrumors 6502

Too band they don't offer the deal to Higher Education Alumni!!!!!
    Seriously though, has anyone ever had Apple check to see if you are actually a student, faculty member or parent? Just curious.

14. macrumors member

They're sending your purchase back to them?? Mines in transit to be delivered today and I was told they would just email me a code, didn't need to take back the item, but well see if it suddenly doesn't get delivered today!?

15. macrumors 6502

No nothing like that. They just wanted to confirm I hadn't received it yet. They are not sending the Mac back to them.

If FedEx says today you should be ok.

16. macrumors 6502a

Dies anyone know if you need to bring some sort of proof? I asked in the previous thread and I got mixed answers. Most were saying that a student card/ID would be accepted; however, I'm entering university this fall and don't have one yet. Would I have to bring in my acceptance letter and photo ID with my name on it?

17. macrumors regular

i called in to see if i could get this gift card for my air purchased on the 27th of june...

and yes..they said there would be an email activation for the gift card...so call in guys :)

18. macrumors 603

troop231

No proof needed.

The deal applies to everyone smart enough to go here: http://store.apple.com/us_edu_112296

19. macrumors 6502a

I would be going to a retail location, so it wouldn't be that easy I think...

20. macrumors member

I purchased a macbook pro for school and they verified my student status via my school email address. If you have been accepted to a university, one of the first things you should receive is a school email account.

21. troop231, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

macrumors 603

troop231

That could be a problem, so use the online store instead :)

22. macrumors 6502a

jadam

I didn't have to provide any verification... However to access the apple education store page for my school I had to log in through a link on my Universities web site using my student log-in that redirected me to the apple store.

13" MBA with 8GB and 256GB Ordered!

23. macrumors member

Can the Gift Card be used against other pieces of hardware?

24. macrumors regular

No.

25. macrumors member

Thanks for the quicl reply.

I am guessing you are a Habs fan from the name?