Apple Launches Internal 'Employees on iTunes' Section to Highlight Workers' Talents

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 25, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple has introduced a new 'Employees on iTunes' section of the iTunes Store to showcase books, songs, movies and TV shows that Apple employees have contributed to in some manner.

The section, which was first noted by 9to5Mac, is only accessible by Apple employees.

Senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue sent an email to Apple employees explaining the new program:
    Apps are not mentioned in the email because Apple forbids its employees from selling or working on apps when they are employed by the company because of conflict of interest rules.

Article Link: Apple Launches Internal 'Employees on iTunes' Section to Highlight Workers' Talents

2. macrumors member

Team

I'd prefer they launch an internal TEAM called "Employees [to work] on iTunes" so they can fix that bloated turd.

3. macrumors 68020

Apple is definitely a fun company to work for. One of my colleagues was sent to Cupertino to sing when they did the whole "American Idol" thing for Apple associates.

4. macrumors 6502a

If they did this for OS X and iOS Apps, I'd go back to be full time if they helped me furthering my education. I mean after all Computer Science is my field and would allow me to prove myself to corporate that I know how to program and build a portfolio that would show that.

5. macrumors newbie

yeah, but

It's probably a "fun company" to work for now that Steve is not there because if he were nobody would be going home, or to sleep until they fixed the podcast issues of 11.1 on the iTunes team.

6. macrumors 6502a

RichardI

LOL.

They've been reading their own press releases and sniffing their wallets.
    Life is good in Cupertino.

7. RightMACatU, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

macrumors 6502a

RightMACatU

"Apple Got Talent" please focus your energy on innovation. I don't really care to know what "Genius" is in what video :D

8. macrumors 601

liketom

Rather they add a New Apps section for each section

9. macrumors 65816

i don't understand why employees would give away their private work for free

it's mentioned in Apple contract: everything that you do (photos, music, etc), once given to Apple is owned by Apple

this means that Apple is the owner of your intellectual property and the employee gets no reward/compensation if Apple makes money on his back

10. macrumors 6502

This is a pretty standard clause with most companies. If the company is paying you to do something, you don't own it, the company does. But it's referring to work they did while at work.

This special section seems to be highlighting work that employees have done on their own time.

11. macrumors 6502

TheRealTVGuy

Sorry to be a day late to the party, but I read this and literally did a spit take I was laughing so intensely!

Just for giggles, can you name a few places where iTunes needs to be cleaned up?

12. macrumors G3

charlituna

They aren't. This wasn't work done on Apple time, property or equipment.

A part of me wishes this had never leaked out. Too many folks canning it. Saying these folks have better things they should be doing. But most of these folks are likely retail and not working on any software, hardware etc. And this is stuff they are doing on their own time. After all most of them are part time

13. macrumors 68020

It always was a fun company with or without Jobs. I never felt a day that I wanted to quit.