Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prnoct90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
So here it is, finnally a way to play TV broadcasts, PS3 games and bluray movies on your beautiful apple display. There's a catch though (of course) it'll cost you. CinemaView TV is a new product from CinemaView that will be coming out this fall, and guess what, it only costs $399. But, it does do quite a few awesome things.

INPUTS
  • 2 HD TV Tuners
  • 1 Mini DisplayPort
  • 4 HDMI
  • 1 Component Video
  • 1 Composite Video
  • 1 Digital Audio
  • 1 Stereo Analog Audio

And more importantly

OUTPUTS
  • 1 Mini DisplayPort
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio

Pretty sweet hun. So it is expensive, but it is a pretty nice device, that even matches your display. Im definitely picking one up, because i've been dieing to play my blu-rays on my display.

Source: http://www.cinemaview.com/models.html

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
I'm not sure I'm following. What are you currently playing the PS3 on? I assume (albeit incorrectly) it's an HDTV that's larger than the cinema display so why the zeal to watch on the ACD?

prnoct90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I'm not sure I'm following. What are you currently playing the PS3 on? I assume (albeit incorrectly) it's an HDTV that's larger than the cinema display so why the zeal to watch on the ACD?

Well, actually i dont have a PS3, i live in a dorm with a Cinema display, and I have been waiting for something like this so I can buy a Blu-Ray Player/PS3 and use it. I don't want to buy a TV. And yes, I currently have Blu-Ray discs and no blu-ray player to play them on. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.