Apple Legal Send Apple.Com Cease and Desist Orders

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by daveg5, Jun 20, 2003.

1. daveg5 macrumors 6502a

And Apple.Com obeyed
    Funny huh,
    Was this planned to get our hopes up or down or was it a hack
    must wait till monday to find out.
    Apple cant sue anybody without sueing itself first, unless this was a hack or disgruntled employee.

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Apple Legal Send Apple.Com Cease and Desist Orders

if anyone is "disappointed" by a 1 GHz bus, 8 GB of RAM, and Dual 2 GHz G5s, i will personally cut off that person's head for them. right now.

though in all honesty, this was much too strange to be an accident IMO. they had no call to change the image on the site to begin with. so they must be either setting us up for a huge surprise "beyond our previous expectations," or someone really amazing got into their system :eek:

3. daveg5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Too Calculated!!!

if all they have is a single 1.4GHZ ready, after listing dual 2.0 some will be disappointed.
    this is far to suspicious.
    something is going on.
    As Marvin Gaye sings On Monday
    "Let's Get It On"

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

is there any special reason you're posting like a bad rip-off of an excerpt from a steam of conciousness novel?

at any rate, apple won't be releasing just single 1.4 GHz 970s. they would hardly be an improvement over the current 1.43 GHz dualies. are you drunk? you sound trollish :p

5. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I don't think the site has been cracked because there are not many people in the world that can do that kind of crack and I expect most of them would not care.

I think Apple did it on purpose to give people an idea of what they are going to release. I expect Apple to then say at WWDC that the PM G5s are actually faster than mentioned there. The reason I think it was done on purpose is that a lot of official websites have started posting the specs like macworld.com and they have not been asked to take the specs down.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well it said "1.6GHz, 1.8GHz, and dual 2GHz PowerPC processors" on the Apple website, so I don't think there will be a 1.4GHz model. ;)

Also, can someone tell me if this means that only a dual 2GHz model will be seen, or will all models be dual? Someone worded it very poorly.

7. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i think the top end will be the only one with dual processors.

8. daveg5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

it was worded with wonderful clarity, heh. bennet is right.

as for the processor speeds, now, now. Apple has more reason than anybody else to release bogus specs. it could be a revenge on rumor watchers--i.e., we will be sorely disappointed with G4s at 1.7 GHz or something--or it could be a psychotic surprise--ha, you thought Dual 2 GHz was impressive? we actually have dual 2.4s!

in any event, apple's "accidental" disclosure has no guarantee of accuracy.

10. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

apple has more important things to do than to leak rumors to "get revenge on rumor watchers"

plus, as much damage as rumors may do, they have to love rumor watchers to a degree because they (generally speaking) are your die hard mac addicts

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

what is the point of that post? everyon always has something more important to do than what they are doing. hell, you could be out saving the world instead of posting on this forum! but people don't do the most important thing they can do. you have no ground to say that apple doesn't ever get involved with the rumor community other than to try to stop it, and they certainly get peeved at us a lot. i was just throwing that idea out as an offhanded possibility. i don't believe it either.

12. alxths macrumors 6502

That creates such a funny image... Imagine Mac users everywhere bitching about being let down adn Steve Jobs up i nhis office in Cupertino rolling on the floor laughign like a maniac... "Damn rumor watchers, that'll teach you!!! AAAhahaha!"

Meanwhile, a nail is being driven into apple's coffin..

13. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Re: Re: Apple Legal Send Apple.Com Cease and Desist Orders

Only slightly dissapointed we're not talking about PBs :)

In all honesty... think a 1.4 Ghz 15.4" Al Book will be announced Monday?

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nope, but I'm hoping that a 1.2GHz model is.

And imagine if Jobs came out and announced the all new 1.6GHz G4. Wow, that would be disappointing. Funny? Hell yes, but very disappointing. :p

15. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: Re: Apple Legal Send Apple.Com Cease and Desist Orders

if i wanted those specs in a 1 inch thick heating pad--i mean, laptop--i would go out and buy a portable gas stove :rolleyes:

and no, i'll be surprised if they go 970 on the powerbooks just yet. i am going to field a guess that we will see either a 15.4 inch AlBook with DDR and all up to spec with the 17 inch, or a whole revision of all three with say 1.2 GHz G4s...

on the other hand, i know this is "the year of the laptop," and i am trying to keep my mind open without getting my hopes up too high. i can't afford a new one anyways, so i have a vested interest in seeing my GHz TiBook doesn't get too far behind ;)
    i hope he brings out a current one rigged to say like 1.7 GHz and 4 GB DDR and introduce it just for s**ts and giggles, right up front, and then later admits he's joking. too bad this isn't an expo, i think that's utterly out of the question for this particular event.

16. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Is that "have to love' or "love to have" rumor watchers? :)

But I agree 100% with that.
    I'm sure I'm not talking only about myself here, when I'm saying I pursuade lots of friends/family to buy Macs.
    Yeah, we post rumors that could be damaging to current Apple-sales, but more importantly, we make sure there are Mac-sales within our own little community. And we even give some degree of support aswell.
    As there are quite a lot of Mac rumor sites-addicts, it shows how many people really are into Macs. I'm proud of it.