Apple lies about overnight shipping -_-

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by n8236, Mar 25, 2006.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    When I ordered my MBP, the rep gave me a free upgrade to overnight shipping due to some mix up they had. When I realized my MBP haven't arrived as originally promised (ovenight). I called Apple and Fedex to find out it does not apply to orders outside of the US.

The funny part is, when you order the MBP, the customer can opt for overnight and the order will apply the shipping charges accordingly.

Has anyone else had this experience? Or is this an isolated case? My cousin who ordered his Thinkpad overnight got his as promised.

2. ethen macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2005
    I overnight my powermac and it did arrive late, NOT because of Apple didnt ship it overnight but because it was right on cut off date as it came directly from china.
  3. n8236 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    Mines is taking 2-3 business. But if u're on the same boat as me, I suggest you call Apple about it. They will refund your shipping cost.
  4. ethen macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Did you get the shipping slip and it said 2-3 days? if so then yeah apple might messed up on it.
  5. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Overnight shipping doesn't mean you'll get your order the next day. It means once the order is shipped, you get it the next day.
  6. n8236 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    No, it never changed. It saids overnight and never changed to 2-3 days, thus I made calls to them.

The meaning of overnight is pretty standard, you get it the next day after it's shipped. Mines is not the case.
  7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Not if it ships on a friday usually (unless a saturday upgrade is purchased BUT thats not standard, don't at all assume it is). Also Fedex can take advantage of the international time changes ... overnight usually means as fast as possible with international items. I have gotten bigger things in about 36 hours from the time it said shipped. This is just my experience for the second part but if you were expecting the machine today then don't have any sour grapes. Personally everytime I see one of these threads I secretely hope that it gets stopped by customs because ... neither apple nor fedex controls that but people still get mad at both!

Doesn't even sound like you paid for it, what are they going to refund?
  8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    The Apple Store Online does NOT offer overnight shipping. They only offer 2-3 day shipping (which they used to casually call 'express'). I think it's unreasonable for you to expect to your MacBook Pro to be shipped from China and delivered to your home overnight. Did your friend's Thinkpad ship from China? Doubtful.

This reminds me of the people that pay for "Express" shipping when Apple releases a new operating system and expect to receive their copy days before everyone else despite the release date.

Warning: Do not choose express shipping for new Apple products. ;)
  9. topgunn macrumors 65816

Nov 5, 2004
    I usually go with overnight shipping from Apple because FedEx is so bad about delivering computers from Apple to me on time with overnight delivery. So, when I get overnight I either a) get my product the day after it ships which is good or b) get my product two days after it ships and Apple refunds my shipping. Its a win-win in my opinion.
  10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Missing an important point, OP:
    "Doesn't apply to orders outside the US"

Where are you located, and which Apple online store did you order from?

OF COURSE items shipped from the USA store will not reach international destinations overnight. If you purchased from a regional Apple store, then the policies of that store are in effect, not the Apple USA store.
  11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    The ability of anything to be delivered from one country to a destination in a foreign country overnight is very mostly only applies to paper documents, AFAIK. I don't think there's anyway to bypass customs just because the customer wants the shipment *now*....
  12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Regardless of what you're told, and what it says on a piece of paper, don't expect miracles. Look at the situation and be realistic.

I wouldn't expect my computer to ship from China or Taiwan, to Canada or Australia or wherever else you happen to live in a single day. That could only happen if a guy at a warehouse in China was also the one who directly took your order, and he dropped everything else he was doing just to personally take care of your order immediately, and then drove that box to an airplane immediately, brought it onto the airplane and ordered it to fly to your country without waiting for the rest of the airplane to get filled up with other deliveries/cargo, and then bypassed customs in your country, and used a Lambourgini to drive your MBP from the airport, directly to your home, all because you were willing to pay an extra $60-90 for delivery. Oh, but in this case, you got it for free, so I guess there's no refund for you.
  13. n8236 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    Don't get me wrong, I don't expect my package to arrive the following day of the order, and that's not my point.

I'm disappointed at the fact that the rep told me a lie about its overnight shipping while it didn't even exist to begin with. If it was 2-3 days, that would of been fine as well.

So they said they refund my shipping cost, but s&h is free to begin with........lies after lies lol.

My cousin's Thinkpad DID arrive overnight, and yes, it was from China. Even he was amazed. But again that's besides the point.
  14. jkballer23 macrumors member

Mar 6, 2006
    Well, it depends on what day and what time of the day it was ordered too. Don't expect anything to be overnight on the weekends. Was your MBP BTO? What about the Thinkpad?