Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lopov Jack

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2008
Maybe something like this...

Attachments

• iPhone 6 rendering.png
    iPhone 6 rendering.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 108

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How much is too much. There's too many threads and reports of people bending their iPhone 5 phones because they keep them in their back pocket. I don't do this personally, but still.

I'm hoping the thinness of the phone isn't the major and only feature, otherwise I'll be very disappointed

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2013
I already think the iPhone is a bit too thin for comfort in my hand. But it's perfect with a case on it so I guess its the best of both worlds for those who like it thin, and those who like it thick. (There must be a euphemism in there somewhere.)

Too thin :eek: Your in the minority I believe.

Renzatic

Suspended
I have to admit, that is one sexy looking mockup.

Would be adding the iPhone back to my shortlist if that is the next one.

It's an awesome looking mockup, but it'd require new backlight and battery technologies to implement in a body that thin. Right now, the 5S is about as thin as we can get (for the time being) without making huge sacrifices on some front.

David29

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
CA
???

Thin, thinner, thinner...

Who cares? Everything is thin enough!!

It's the one dimension (out of the 3) that I hardly care about when using an iPhone, iPad, or iMac.

For the iPhone and iPad, just use the volume for more battery capacity.

For the iMac, improve the airflow and cooling system. I've seen far too many iMacs get toasted after a few years and I'm convinced that its due to the constant high temps in these boxes.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Apple generally boosts battery life AND reduces bulk. It's not a binary either-or.

Meanwhile my Android friends have to carry extra batteries, chargers and cables everywhere, and I STILL can't call them in the evening because they're out of power. Their phones drain even when used lightly or not at all. Obviously, they have the wrong apps installed and are not managing their processes and resources diligently. Problems that plague many Android users; the same, thankfully, cannot be said of iOS.

You know, iPhone isn't really good at battery life. There are lots of Android phone out there gets longer battery life than iPhone. Just let you know...

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
You know, iPhone isn't really good at battery life. There are lots of Android phone out there gets longer battery life than iPhone. Just let you know...

How many of those are 4" devices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.