Apple logo burned on screen???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcanadiensfan71, Mar 16, 2007.

1. mcanadiensfan71 macrumors newbie

When i close the laptop and the screen is black. I can see the apple logo from the back. Is it possible to get rid of this or is there something I should do to prevent it from getting any worse. Can it damage tha computer

2. flaconlx macrumors newbie

Do you have a Powerbook or Macbook Pro? I'm not positive about this, but my friend has a PB and you can always see some of the apple logo when you turn the screen to black. That happens because it's actually somewhat transparent and light can come in from behind.

3. munckee macrumors 65816

Yeah, if what you're seeing is actually a mirror image of the logo on top of your laptop, its not burned into the screen. you're seeing light bleed through the translucent logo on the outisde of the laptop.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Dont you just love newbies :D As munkee say's your just seeing light shine through the apple logo on the case.

5. The General macrumors 601

Yeah. The Apple logo on the back uses the same light from the LCD backlight to light up when the computer is on. If you turn your laptop around and look at it, it will dim with the screen if you adjust the brightness. :rolleyes:

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

He's talking about seeing it through the screen, not seeing the Apple logo light up.

I personally have never seen the Apple logo through a screen, but I can see that it's possible and sounds somewhat normal for the way it's set up.

What kind of laptop is it?

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

If there is enough coming in from the back of the Mabook/Powerbook you can see the apple in the screen. I have seen it before when using mine outside.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

as others have said, its just light coming through from the transparent apple logo on the back of the screen.

to just test this, when you see it... cover the logo with your hand and you'll see it go bye-bye. ;)

9. The General macrumors 601

O RLY?

It's been established that light from the backlight goes through the Apple logo.

If light travels through the backlight, and then through the screen, the certainly light can go through the Apple logo, through the backlight, and through the screen into your eyes.

Look, just turn the brightness down, and get a flashlight and shine it on the Apple logo.

Proof possitive.

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

If there is a light shining from the back it will be visible from the front.

Edit: Beaten by like, ehm, everyone. :D

11. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

and Me who thought there was something interesting in this thread, well i got burned! :D

12. sleverette macrumors newbie

Product defect?

I went to my university book store where I got my MacBook because the Apple Logo is now burned on my new MacBook's screen while I use it. They told me that it was my fault because I carried my laptop to school everyday. Funnily, the only area of my screen that is affected is the "apple logo" area. Seems to me that Mac traded design over durability. Silly of me to think that my Macbook, which is marketed to me as a law student, could be used more than 3 months without starting to break down from normal use.

13. moel macrumors 6502

Did you read any of the above.

Post up a pic. there is NO WAY on gods green earth you can have light burn the apple into the screen.

Not being harsh or anything. But I just don't believe you. (My mate carries his 13" everywhere)

14. vant macrumors 65816

The Apple can't 'burn' into the screen. It's impossible.

What you are seeing is light (as everyone said) going through the Apple logo.

You can take a flashlight and shine it through if you don't believe us.

15. Mthoma macrumors newbie

He is correct, my white Macbook is not even one year old and the apple logo and parts of my screen have burned in the apple logo image. Here is a picture behind an all black wallpaper. Ive owned many macbooks and have never seen anything like this! Is this covered under warranty?

Attached Files:

16. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

17. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I know where you live now [​IMG]