Apple logo on the rear lid

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Badrottie, Jul 13, 2011.

1. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

I was at the bookstore today and see all people have MacBook Pro I noticed their Apple logo very bright and mine is little dim...I was thinking maybe the light is old or something..how can I make it brighter? Clean inside the rear lid or replace something? I am talking about Powebook G4.

2. macrumors regular

Krad3130

The apple logo gets brighter when you make your screen brighter. You must keep your screen on the dimmer side then like me. My Apple logo isn't very bright at all.

3. simsaladimbamba

MBPs have brighter display panels than the PB G4 has.
    My iBook G4 was darker than my 2008 MacBook, which again was darker than my 2009 MBP.
    Display panel technology evolves, and someday you will be blinded by that logo.

4. macrumors 68000

Nameci

The brightness of the logo does not matter at all. It is the brightness of the screen that matters. Too much brightness will blind you.

5. macrumors 65816

adcx64

Also, as displays age, correct me if I am wrong, but from use the backlight brightness degrades slightly over time, so even on full brightness, the Apple logo wouldn't be as bright as a new MBP.

6. macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

That, and Apple switched from CCFL backlighting to LED starting with the Early 2008 MacBook Pros, so that is a completely different technology…dunno if it dims over time…