Apple Lossless Converstion = audio slowed down by 1/3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frikk, Jul 22, 2006.

1. frikk macrumors newbie

I recorded an audio file from my line in using Audio Recorder. The apple lossless file is 600mb for 57minutes. It sounds great, but I want to convert it over to mp3. I tried using iTunes to convert it, but this doesn't work. Whenever I convert it using iTunes, the output mp3, m4a, or wav is always 1:17 long. This means that the audio in the output file is like 30% slower, since its the same amount of audio but stretched out over a longer period of time. What can I do to convert this to a normal compressed file?

Also, has anyone had any luck getting Audio Recorder to record to mp3 using lame?

Thank you,

Blaine

2. frikk thread starter macrumors newbie

I will probably just record in wav and use lame to convert - but i still need to be able to compress the one recording i accidentally did in lossless. Anyone?

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    That's really odd...

Not sure what to suggest, other than trying your recording over again.....:confused:

4. frikk thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish it were that easy. It was a live mix I made on my turntables. Can anyone even suggest anything other than iTunes (even for windows) that will convert apple lossless files?

Thanks for your replyl, though.

Blaine

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Toast 7. or Quicktime...

but, how do they sound when you play them in Quicktime? Still Slowed down?

Something must have gotten funky with the bit rate or sampling rate

Sorry, but that makes no sense, if it sounds fine by itself, it should sound fine after you convert it in iTunes....it's gotta be something with the LAME.....hmmmm try an export in Quicktime, or Toast and report back.....

6. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB