Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cori

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
I found a working Apple M0001 at my University ... but I need a startup diskette. Where do I get one??? Can somebody help me???

Franz

marvbloke

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2004
Manchester, UK
I know that ftp.apple.com quite often have older OSes to download for free. Not sure if they go as far back as System 1.0 though!

(Can't check for you either, as I'm at work behind a firewall so can't use FTP!)

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Cori said:
I found a working Apple M0001 at my University ... but I need a startup diskette. Where do I get one??? Can somebody help me???

Franz

I've got a disk image of system 1 somewhere. I got it for use with the vMac mac plsu emulator. You can probably find system 1 by looking for things associated with that emulator. You'd have to make a disk from it though, an 800k disk at that.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Mechcozmo said:
What is an M0001?

M-- numbers are Mac family numbers, and M0001 is the very first Mac... You can usually find this number on the identification label on your Mac (usually on the bottom).

paul

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Macs R Us said:
I was amazed someone did not know that, but on this you need to be a big Mac fan or collector:)...

OoF, I didn't know what it was either. I knew that it was an early Mac, but I didn't know which one :(

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
strider42 said:
I've got a disk image of system 1 somewhere. I got it for use with the vMac mac plsu emulator. You can probably find system 1 by looking for things associated with that emulator. You'd have to make a disk from it though, an 800k disk at that.

I think it has to be a 400k disk but I cant remember.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.