Apple Mac Performa 550

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by denacentenero, Jun 24, 2005.

1. denacentenero macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2005
    I have an old Performa 550 laying around not doing anything and I'm wondering how much I could get if I were to sell it, or if I should just put it up for free somewhere? Thoughts and suggestions are helpful. Please don't take this as trying to sell to you guys. I'm just trying to get a sense of if I can even get anything out of this beautiful mac.
  2. newton213 macrumors member

Aug 11, 2004
    Dont think its worth much as its not even a PPC Mac, unless its been upgraded. Best bet, donate it to a local church or school, some type of shelter, or goodwill. I think you can get some type of tax deduction for that, but its such a common old Mac, its not really unique enough for someone to pay money for, just to have in their collection. If you're familiar with the generations of Mac processors, i.e. the G5, G4, this was a G1. 68k chip was the G1, first gen PowerPC was G2, then the G3 and up to where we are today with G5s. Sorry. My first Mac of my own was the Performa 631, btw. (still in my closet!)
  3. IIe macrumors newbie

Aug 21, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Do you still have this performa?

I know it's been quite awhile since you posted this thread, but I was wondering if you still have this performa? If so, I'd be willing to purchase it.
  4. WGoins88 macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2011
    I doubt it... they haven't signed in for 6 years. ;)
  5. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    I would pay ZERO dollars for a Performa.

I don't think the newbie knows what that means. =p
  6. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    The 550 is really nothing more than a paper weight and a collectors item at this point. And no you can't have mine.:p
  7. malya macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2011
    Mac Performa 550

I have one that I will be willing to part with.