Apple MacBook Pro (15.4-inch 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 3, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G3

bigandy

I can't stand C|Net's Mac reviews. They're always put down for some unfathomable reason:

Who the hell wants to have every card slot under the sun when they're only ever going to use one anyway? pah.

And about price? If they do work out more expensive, maybe it's because they're made out of nice metal and someone actually thought out the design, rather than making something that looks like a dell. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors G3

Sesshi

I think it's a fair assessment if you read the entire review. Of course the one-line summaries (if you can't read past that) are glib.

Perhaps it's not occurred to you that jaded and experienced people are less afflicted by the Jobs Reality Distortion Field?

4. macrumors 68000

SPUY767

Media Card Reader? Who in the hell uses those? I would rather not ugly up the exterior, especially when $9 will buy you just about any format of media reader. I know that I am probably the exception (to just about every rule), but I specifically look for laptops w/o media readers, hence the toshiba that I'm typing this post on. Oh, and before you rail me, read the sig. I find the MBP to be by far the most elegant and reserved laptop design, and if I were in the market to drop a additional 3 G's on a laptop, that's what I would go for.

5. macrumors newbie

Mbp C2d Rocks

I just got one. It has WiFi and Bluetooth. I print wirelessly and I am a proffesional photographer and will get a WT-3a WiFi tranmitter for my
    Nikon D200 and my pictures will go right to my laptop as I shoot them.
    This puppy is made for the proffessional, if you need 10 card slots in your
    laptop, you don't need this computer.

SJ

6. macrumors 68000

I *always* use external readers. I don't like being trapped with certain types, and many laptops forgo the CF reader, which is all I ever need. If I want maximum performance I can always buy a new external reader and have the space in my laptop free :cool:
    I bet not many internal readers can take advantage of the speed of the Sandisk Extreme IV series, for instance.

7. macrumors 6502a

macman2790

That's just the most ignorant comment about the macbook pro i've heard so far, too bad they didn't do an analysis of the screen at the boot up where people are complaining of uneven backlighting on that particular screen. People have so many things to complain about, it's getting annoying. CNet sucks anyways.

8. macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

The video was laughable. It told us really nothing.

I'd like to get my hands on one at work to review it quickish, but I bet that it takes up to 3 more weeks to get them in.

9. macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

Touché.

10. macrumors G5

nagromme

I like a card reader in my laptops. My PowerBook has one thanks to CardBus and a MacBook Pro can too, thanks to ExpressCard (options are improving).

11. macrumors 6502a

hahah that's like all Cnet videos! hahaha :D