Apple MacBook Pro Preview and a Value Proposition for Buying...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 16, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

Quite a big read and some nice objective comments here, but isn't S Video out available? via an adapter on the MacBook?

3. macrumors 6502a

iJaz

Good conclusions, I hope the rumors that Apple's products are overpriced will dissapear now that you can compare systems better.

4. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

We all assume that this is possible but as far as I am aware Apple have yet to confirm this...

5. macrumors 65816

neocell

Man, that Acer book sounds awesome, too bad for the crappy OS it runs. Would be nice to see a MacBook come standard with those specs at the same price.

6. macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

7. macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

Of course it will break for some reason or another within 6 months.. but hey, at least its cheap, right?

8. macrumors regular

the acer

Acer laptops are good value for the money. We have our sales force use them. They are a bit clunky however. The software that comes with it is not too great and it often drops its WiFi connection and has a toughtime relogging on. Outside of that they work.

Their durability is a question and we need to see how they will satnd up for the duration, Now used for 5 months into a 3 year lease.

9. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Acer's should never be compared with Macs.

There's no dual link DVI on the ACER. I don't need VOIP on my laptop and I need something that's reliable. ACER's quality is ok at best.