Apple MacBooks This Month? Not Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, May 8, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Appleinsider claims that Apple's MacBook update may not actually arrive tomorrow as previously rumored.

Instead, the rumor site claims that while Apple has started ramping up production of the new consumer laptop, "the Mac maker is unlikely to unveil the computers until the following week at the earliest." The MacBook update is instead expected to be released alongside new iPods.

The specs for the new iPods are not currently available.

Meanwhile, the most recent updates to the MacBook rumor claims it will come in Black and White configurations, a slightly higher price point and a thinner form factor than current iBooks.

According to our Buyer's Guide, the iBook has had the longest time between updates at 286 days.

2. macrumors 6502a

3. macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I actually believe this. AppleInsider are normally more reliable than ThinkSecret, but you never know!

4. Editor emeritus

longofest

The "do not open until May 9th" boxes are most likely either non-existant or related to the Red Hot Chili Peppers promotion. OR, Appleinsider is wrong (hey, it's been known to happen).

5. macrumors member

CellarDoor

sigh...

I had already told my friend to watch for them tomorrow too...

Well, we know who is the more reputable source, between AI and TS. crap.

6. macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'm still hoping for tomorrow. Although, honestly I'm more interested in the rumors of new ipods. Definitely not in the market for a new mac at the moment! A new ipod wouldn't be a bad thing for me right now though!:D

7. macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

true. BUT THEN WHAT ARE IN THOSE BOXES?

I do not whole heartily believe this (AI), but knowing TS reputation, I wouldn't be surprised.

8. macrumors 604

No surprise at all, considering the lack of any event or other signs.

That's a big backpedal from AI considering they posted about the ibook event and citing it as confirmation earlier today. At this point it looks more like confirmation there will NOT be an announcement tomorrow.

I don't believe there ever were any boxes. Any accounts of them were second hand from unreliable sources.

9. macrumors 65816

mark!

10. macrumors 6502

11. macrumors newbie

I believe it will be the 19th

Steve will release them on the 19th since there are not many events coming up.

12. macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Well, here it goes!

Well, I kinda expected it wouldn't be tomorrow. Given the rumors are true, the new Macbooks are a major redesign, and I don't remember Apple releasing a major product without a special event.

13. macrumors 68030

cr2sh

this is ********

i swear to god, when they announce them it better be with the little black box that say "now shipping"

14. macrumors 6502

This voting system needs to go. It's compete rubbish. Who on a mac fansite would vote this 'positve'?

Lose it!

15. macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

To be honest I've stopped giving a crap. And no, I don't believe good things always take time... Think of Windows.

16. macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

it's just really funny how people are always calamoring about the new ibooks and powerbooks next tuesday and stuff, and in a way, i kind of regret ever coming to webstes like macrumors etc because not only are many of the rumors and insider news complete *****, but there's always people on the forums who talk like they know everything about that comes to macs.

i would probably advise someone lookin to buy a mac to ask a few good friends but never step foot onto a website like this one unless they want to make their purchasing decision full of headaches and woes.

17. macrumors 65816

morespce54

Wonder if it has something to do with Apple Corp... kidding !

Even if that is no real surprise, I am still so disappointed.... :(

18. macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Ignorance is bliss?

19. macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

LOL :eek: I guess it'll get here eventually...I hope it's worth the wait. :rolleyes:

20. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

[​IMG]
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

21. macrumors member

22. macrumors G3

bigandy

this is some of the best entertainment i've had recently, watching everyone going crazy over the iBook replacement rumors, and seeing AppleInsider's reputation kinda just slip out of their fingers, and roll down the cliff, never to be seen again... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

23. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

The boxes are said to be existant from several sources, but they are also only said to only be window displays... Maybe they're just a gaming focused display for the windows... Pre-E3, make sense?

24. macrumors 68000

MattyMac

no problem for me as I want to wait anyhow so I can buy the new macbook for my mom and get a free ipod with the student union promo...that is if they have something similar this year... It makes the wait a bit easier when it isnt released yet!:)
    Last year it started the end of june.

25. macrumors 65816

MarkCollette

Haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sob