Apple Mail acting very strange

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by charles ababa, Feb 26, 2004.

1. charles ababa macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2003
    On at least three occasions, mail has failed to receive emails that I know for sure have been sent. I use different accounts with mail, one of which is a POP account and the other an IMAP account via Microsaft Exchange Server. Both of these accounts "lost" a message that I know for ceratin was sent.

What is happening? A mystery to me and a worry, for any other emails that I might not know about, and might never know.

I thought Mail was the prefect email client, now I'm doubting this.

Also, regarding the POP account, when I move mail from my "INBOX" to a folder "ON MY MAC", shouldn't that delete it from the server? I quickly used Entourage to see if the above-mentioned missing messages were there (they weren't), and found that messages that I had moved from my inbox were still there on the server.....

I use OS X 10.2.8, on a dual G4 1.4 Ghz.

:confused: :confused:
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    are you sure

are you sure that its Mail that is loosing your mail, not the server running a filter of some sort to get rid of junk mail.

Check with your Admin or Service provider, who ever runs your mail server and ask if they are doing any filtering that might keep you from recieving a message from someone.

As for removing the mail from the server, Click Mail at top left, then Preferences. Choose the Accounts tab, pick an account, then the tabs that are to the right for this account click Advanced, that will tell when if at all the mail gets removed from the server.