Apple Mail and HTML e-mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by walkingmac, Aug 9, 2004.

1. walkingmac macrumors 6502

walkingmac

ok, I have went ahead and given up on using mail to send HTML e-mail in Panther natively like Jaguar did and have been using another app to do such. However, could someone tell me what it is about Apple Mail in Panther that doesn't let you do it there, why other apps can, and why no one has developed a plug-in for Mail to let us do it?

2. walkingmac thread starter macrumors 6502

walkingmac

anyone? :(
    I mean really... does this not bother anyone else that Apple Mail took a backward step and even worse, there is nothing developed to circumvent the issue rather then using a lesser bit of software that is more cumbersome then using what SHOULD and DID work in the previous OS release?

3. randal macrumors newbie

hmm

does this explain why I can't insert embedded text hyperlinks in my e-mails?

4. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

This is a legitimate problem. I have a system that autoforwards mail and I have to use Entourage as Mail will send each HTML email as screwed up text with like 30 attached files.

Plenty of people have contacted Apple. The best we can do is politely suggest they work on HTML functionality.

As for technical reasons, I have no idea. I am sure it was in relation to making Mail more powerful, possible a cocoa vs carbon thing. Hopefully it will come back in Tiger, or they will offer some software suite with this functionality.

In the meantime, we are stuck. I use Entourage for this, but I LOVE Mail's spam filters, I NEVER see spam anymore so I hate other mail apps.