Apple Mail... How do I remove the Subject Blue Border?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Freak, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Ok, on every email I get from Apple, in my inbox each mail from them has a blue border around it (Like Apple is VIP.. Pfftt... :p). How do I remove this to make it look like every other non border email?

2. red93xj macrumors newbie

3. red93xj macrumors newbie

also, do that in reverse but add rule instead of delete if you want to add a color to some one, i love the rules, hope this helps

4. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Ok I did that and all emails from Apple still have this border??

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

New ones should not. But the rule isn't hmmm...live. The e-mail gets changed, essentially, to have a blue background. So if you want to fix ones you already have, then you have to manually change the background back to clear.

6. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

The message itself doesnt have a blue background, it's a blue border which shows in the inbox menu.

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah, actually I think the color will change when Mail reindexes the messages, it reapplies colors to them... try rebuilding your mailbox, after you're sure the rule is gone. And yeah, it is handy to apply colors to different senders or different subjects. The Apple emails were how I learned about it :)