Apple Mail Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rocko918, Sep 18, 2004.

1. rocko918 macrumors member

I am using apple mail and a person who has no idea how to use a mac got on my computer to print something out. Well she did not know how to close or minmize apple mail and dragged it away. Not sure how she did it but in the process she moved my mailboxes tab from the left side of the window to the right side. I can not figure out how to get it back. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Close Mailboxes. Move your Mail window to the right side of your screen. Open Mailboxes. Poof, they're now on the left side of your Mail window. Reverse and repeat to have Mailboxes on the right side.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Like he said. Mailboxes is the icon in the middle of the tool bar.

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I think it just depends on which side of the screen you have your mail window placed - so if you have your mail window is on the left hand side of the screen, clicking mailbox will make the tab appear on the right hand side and vice versa.

So if you want the tab to be on the left move the mail window to the right side of the screen and then press mailbox twice, once to make it disappear and on the second click it should reappear on the left hand side of the window.

Is this what you meant?

Edit: Must type faster!

5. rocko918 thread starter macrumors member

thanks

HA!!! That works great, Something so simple and it was so hard to figure out. well not really, thanks guys!