Apple Mail wont work in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trampaslake, Oct 23, 2004.

1. trampaslake macrumors newbie

I'm using iPhoto yesterday to email a few pics to my mom. When I go to mail them, my mail option in the bottom taskbar has turned to entourage. So I go to iPhoto preferences to change my email default to Apple Mail, but when I get there every option for my email is grayed out. It will only let me choose entourage.

Any ideas how to change it back to Apple Mail? Any ideas on how it got changed in the first place? I've used Apple Mail before in iPhoto, so this is really weird.

Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Open Mail. Go to the Mail > Preferences menu item. Select the General preferences pane. At the Default Email Reader: pop-up menu, select Mail.

3. trampaslake thread starter macrumors newbie

It is selected, but still wont let me select it in iPhoto.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Go to system preferences
    Choose Internet
    Click on the e-mail tab
    Choose Mail

It sounds like Entourage removes the ability to change to any other mail application unless you do it manually.

5. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

Panther dosen't have an Internet pref pane, you have to go into Mail or Safari to change those preferences. Stupid, I know.

6. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

my pref pane for default email is greyed out on America Online?? which I don't have yet it still opens Apple Mail when I want to mail something