Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by bgsnmky, Jan 17, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I am sure this may seem like a trival need, but I work like this all day long.

So I swtich from pc to mac and wanted to try to use apple mail instead of having another layer of software like outlook involved.

trying to still get used to apple mail.

one thing that I am always doing is needing to look at multiple emails at one time. So for example read one..then open another one and keep the other one open. I cut and paste from emails giving quotes to customers etc.

I have not figure out a good way to do this.

They basically overlap each other and I can't even find the other one that I started etc.

Do you just minimize one..and then it shows up in your dock. But then when you need to open it back up..it just seems hard to move them around

Or is it just that I am not used to using the window etc.

I hope this made sense.

2. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Click on, and drag, the bottom right hand corner of the window to re-size it to your liking.

In Mail's Menubar, click on Windows, and all your open windows will be listed at the bottom. Just select the one you want to view.

3. macrumors member

If you using Mail.app 6.2 in ML, you can do it by double click on e-mail you want it to open you can open as many as you want.
    That what I did.

4. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

You can also click and hold on Mail in the dock and all the mail windows wil be shown.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I have mail 6.2...but when I double click on on it..it opens..I can get quite a few open but then it is hard to find them on my page.

Dave/Glen those both help too..to be able to see all that is open...THanks.

6. macrumors 68020

BrianBaughn

I don't have a particular one in mind, but you may be able to use a "window tiling" add-on for the Mac.

Anyone have a recommendation?

7. macrumors member

Yes, kind of hard to find it, but if you using track pad it will help a ton.
    Normally I tend to resize each window of mails I am working on, so it wont disappears behind each others.

8. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Try HyperDock from the App Store.