Apple May Use Intel Chips.............

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, May 23, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I thought he meant wasteland the topic of Apple adopting intel chips.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh ok... I don't actually READ Stub's posts anymore, so I missed that little detail! :p

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

ROFLOL, LMAO................

Good lord who replies to a post without reading it!! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Rather off topic: I assume the posts here have been edited, but I don't see any evidence of that. Yknow, the little line at the bottom that says "Last Edited by: _____ on: ______ Reason: __________"

7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ya, I killed mine within a minute, I looked around a few forums to see if it was anywhere, and didn't see it-so I posted it. Then went to the front page of MR and right at the top it was there so I immediately changed mine. Must have been so quick as to not have made an edit line.

But the most funny part is, you would never see it as an edit anyway if you have that person on ignore (and we have each other on it, I promise, I saw his via the quote from killuminati). I just have to laugh at the lunacy of posting without reading the #1 thread post, especially when the original was nearly 4 hours old and there were zero posts on the thread. Gotta love it though.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL interesting... I haven't had reason to use the ignore setting yet. So what it does is show you a thread without any of their replies? Very interesting. If they start the thread, does it show just the replies from other people, or suppress the whole thing? I'm not ignoring anyone, although I'm sure someone out there is ignoring me! *feels unloved* :p

If you edit a post fairly quickly, there is a time window where there will not be an edit line. I seem to often run into this because I hit post and realize I could have said something more clearly.

Might as well learn before this gets wastelanded! :D

9. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Yes, ignore is the kindergarten tool for adults! It says the time and name and that the person is on the ignore list and a link to remove them from your ignore list. And in this case it would have shown a small block with my name and time and the link to remove me from his ignore list. Being that I was the only post, and the next post made would have to reply to mine, makes it quite funny to me, lmao, but hey that's america.
    :D

edit 1: add attachment
    edit 2: thanks for asking cause I just noticed the ability to do a onetime read of an ignore by clicking view post! hey I'm still learning here. I used it and saw where he admits not reading mine either. What a hoot!

Attached Files:

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Neat! Thanks for the info! *tries to figure out someone to ignorelist* :eek: :D

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I see that mkrishnan has been posting a lot - probably his typical junk. Has he said anything interesting? I've got him on my ignore list.*

;)

* Just kidding, of course.

12. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I would block mactastic, his avatar just pisses me off, not to mention is extremist posts. :rolleyes:

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

JSW, if I'da seen your message, I bet I would've really been offended! ;) :eek: :D

14. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well, like I said, it is the kindergartener tool for adults.

It is the equivalent of sticking your index fingers in your ear and saying LALALALALALALALALALALALALAL :p

15. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The image of you doing that is giving me a good giggle for some reason. Thanks! :D

16. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

while you're giggling would you tell a certain person (jsw) that I'm not talking to him till he does more review on his "Mr RichGuy" new dig camera.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...I can't! Remember, we blocked each other! :p :D Maybe I can tell Daveway that you said that you want to see some more pictures (and no more sofas with toys on top of them either! :p) and then he can say that I said that you said that you want jsw to post them. ;)

EDIT: Macrumors became a lot more work since we started blocking everybody! :eek: :rolleyes:

18. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALaaaaaaaaaa

19. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I blocked myself. I'm typing this in the blind. AAHHH!!!!

:p

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The cool thing about blocking everyone is that this whole thread fits on one page. I have no idea what anyone's saying, but someone tell stubeeef that the Apple/Intel thread was already started elsewhere.

Anyway, I need to go and pick up my kid's toys. She leaves them all over, esp. on her little chair sofa. It's full of them. I mean, so full you wouldn't believe it... maybe I should post a picture or two.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Please do. That way I won't have to respond to your ****.
    :D

There, that oughta get this thread wastelanded real fast.

But, if it doesn't, I'd challenge Daveway to put his money where his mouth is and provide some of my alleged 'extremist' :rollseyes: posts. I'm guessing his definition of extremist is 'disagrees with Daveway'.

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If a post lands in the wasteland and noone has the author unblocked, does it make any noise?

23. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm sorry, but there's no way this thread can be wastelanded now. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Play on. :D

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I was just thinking: if a post lands in the wasteland and no one has the author unblocked, does it make any noise?

Some of my most original ideas just come to me late at night.