Apple mentions crazyapplerumors.com

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Megaquad, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

This is funny, apple put crazyapplerumors.com article to hotnews!

Attached Files:

2. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Whoa?! Why would Apple post something like that in Hot News? I think that is offending to the current situation the US and the President is in. Other then that I am really starting to think that Al Gore was never elected to the board and Apple web designers are having to much fun? :D ;)

3. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Too funny! :D

I personally think it shows that Apple has a good sense of humor.

4. cc bcc macrumors 6502

BWAAAHAHAHA AHAHHA :D

Priceless! Apple *does* read the rumor sites for inspiration! :D

5. MacRumorSkeptic macrumors regular

This is potentially a very stupid thing to put on their website. The last thing Apple needs is a mass boycot of their products.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

offensive? hah. that's the funniest thing i've seen all day... way to go apple :)

pnw

7. sergeantmudd macrumors member

I don't think it makes light of anything

The moment that Al Gore appeared on SNL, I think it became open house on Gore jokes. He proved that he doesn't take the criticism too seriously. I bet he thinks it is funny

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The problem with that is that it doesn't make fun of Al Gore, it makes fun of President Bush, which is not a good thing for Apple to do right now. It could be a mistake, though I doubt it will hurt them much. Most people don't care about things like that, although we saw what happened with the Dixie Chicks stupid comments about Bush... Oh well, I personally thought it was just a stupid comment.

JW

9. leprechaunG4 macrumors member

Well the article really makes fun of the election of 2000, and really Gore more than Bush.

10. dricci macrumors 6502a

This has got to be the funniest thing I have seen EVER. :p

11. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

This is the funniest thing that has happen in Apple related stuff since Will Ferrell did the Santa Clause iPod swith ad.

...a recount. Ha!

Good times!

Chad4Mac

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey...nothing like free publicity...

I find it pretty hilarious myself... :D :p

13. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Personally, I love it! It really reminds me what makes Apple work so well for me. I couldn't handle entrusting such an important part of my life to a company that wasn't willing to risk P.O.ing a couple squares to make me smile. After all, don't you remember people getting upset in the threads about the Santa jokes about his a-- being handed to him? And did anything come of it?

This just goes to show that though blondes have more fun, Mac users have only slightly less fun (which is more than any other platform). :)

Good job Apple. Good job crazyapplerumors.com!

Dan

14. dethl macrumors regular

Actually, I think that when the Mac users are having fun, the actually KNOW they are. :rolleyes:

15. Hawthorne macrumors regular

The one thing I admire about Gore,

and this is a staunch Republican talking, is his ablility to laugh at himself. He's got one of the best, and driest, senses of humour that I've seen in a politician. This sort of thing is right in line with his attitude about himself.

16. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

When I first saw it I didnt believe it. To think Apple computer having a link to a Rumor site.

Things are getting pretty loose at Apple. Will Ferral switch add, Gore joining Apple, Link to rumor site, Dabbling in potitics. Seams to me that they dont care who they pis* off. I like it.

What else do they have up their sleeve?

17. dricci macrumors 6502a

CARS isn't a rumor site, it's sort of like the Anti-Rumor Site almost. They MOCK Apple news and Rumors. Sorta like The Onion for Apple. And from what I understand, a lot of high ups at Apple read CARS daily

18. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

I am glad to see that apple has a good sense of humor. That was a funny article.

19. Potus macrumors 6502

It's impossible to make fun of Bush: he's already a joke. His fake sincerity. His furrowed brow. His lisping sibilants. His "I'm just a good old boy despite being the son of a president, the grandson of a Senator, a graduate of elite private schools, etc.etc..) His accent (his brother is younger, lived longer in the South, and yet has less of an accent).

As for those who advise us not to criticize or joke 'because of the situation," it's still a democracy. If we fear to laugh at out leaders we have truly moved into a police state (which appears to be the goal of Bush and his cronies, e.g Ashcroft, Poindexter et al.)

20. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I laughed so hard I almost peed on myself... Good to see Apple still has a sense of humor. Now if they could only bring back easter eggs...