Apple Monitor woes!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Jun 29, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

That 23" Apple monitor is on my hit list and has been for a while now. I just cant justify shelling £1050 for it. I would rather get the mac one than cheaper ones to match my mini. But that price tag is still way too high.

I currently have a 21" and a 22" CRT monitor on my desk running both mac os and windows and need the space to setup some hifi equipment on my desk.

I can wait I suppose, till say september time. Will it go down by then? What is the frequency of newer monitors introduced?

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

At this point in time you're choosing style over functionality and price. Just go buy a different brand monitor, for cryin' out loud!

The monitors probably won't go down in price for a while. They just got price drops. The chances of the monitors getting updates are... well... there's pretty much no chance of an update in the next year.

3. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Man but I'm just tooo cool to buy anything other than mac! What now?? :confused: :confused:

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I just think that, when it comes right down to it, choosing style over functionality and price is... unnecessary. Go spend £275 more for an inferior monitor for all I care. And with that dell monitor, you could consolidate. It could run both your PC and Mac, since it has more than one video input. I'm not the one wasting the money here...

Oh and I love the elitist attitude ;)