Apple Mouse and Keyboard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by darbsrewop, Mar 13, 2007.

1. darbsrewop macrumors member

I ordered and new iMac 20 inch Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM. Since I am going to run Vista on it as well should I ditch the mouse and keyboard that comes with the system? Is the apple mouse and keyboard better than the standard? I use a microsoft mouse and keyboard at work and I'm worried that I would have problems transitioning.

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I find that apple's mouse and keyboard are really alot nicer than microsoft's equivalent. You'll of course hear others say differently. It's a matter of personal preference. If I were you, I would hold off a bit on getting a MS keyboard and mouse and give apple's a try. You can always grab a different keyboard later on.

Also, are you buying the iMac just to run Vista or are you going to use OSX too? If you're going to be running OSX at all, you'll want apple's keyboard to go with it. You're missing out if you're just going to use Vista ;) .

Cheers :)

3. darbsrewop thread starter macrumors member

I'm definitely going to be using OSX as well, many thanks!

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I have a friend who has just bought an apple keyboard to use with his PC.
    So, you shouldnt have too much trouble with it.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

The Apple keyboard has a much nicer feel than the MS one.

FJ

6. Shaker macrumors member

Shaker

It should work fine. It may take you a few days to "transition" but I like the Apple mouse and keyboard (minus the single button on the mouse) and it works just fine for me for anything I need to do in WinXP. Vista I can't say much about but I imagine it won't be much different than using it in XP.