Apple Mouse Vs. Apple BT Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tamer Brad, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamer Brad macrumors regular

Any opinions on this? I am fighting between the two of them ... I am leaning towards the Apple Mouse, because I don't have to worry about batteries or click lag or a $30+ price premium ...

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I love apple, but I encourage you to get neither. Apple mouses are mediocre quality for a huge price tag. You'd be better off with a Logitech or a (gasp) Microsoft mouse.

scem0

3. Tamer Brad thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I want it to be one of these two. I liked them when I used them.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Myself, I love my Apple BT mouse, the supplied batteries last about 4 1/2 months with an average of around 5 hours use a day every day.
    It's never given me any problems either.

5. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I also had the same dilemna.
    My imac at work has the Apple mouse, and i just got a powerbook for myself.

It took me days to make a decision.
    I thought the BT mouse was pretty expensive, especially since I know I'm eventually going to need a 2 buton mouse and scroll wheel.
    But being new to mac, I wanted the whole mac experience.

Eventually I figured the BT mouse was abetter accesory for my pbook.
    I'm loving the BT mouse.
    I haven't experienced much hassle with lag, but it is heavier than the wired mouse, which takes a bit of getting used to.
    I've only had it a month or so, so don't know about changing the batteries yet.
    but I have no regrets.

if you got th money buy a BT mouse, and a cheapr wired 2 button/scroll wheel mouse.
    Best of both worlds!

6. Poeben macrumors 6502

We have a bluetooth mouse/kybd in the studio. It is a bit of a pian, imo. It is great to be able to have them on the console with no wires in the way, but it is quite a bit heavier and doesn't respond nearly as smoothly as the wired counterpart. We also go through a lot of batteries it seems, although it is never turned off. I think it is worth having one if wireless is important to you, but for an everyday desktop use I would avoid it. I don't have any experience using them with a laptop though, so that may change things.

7. 2Sticky macrumors regular

I got the BT Apple Mouse and love it, though after a few months I restorted to getting some rechargeable batteries and recharger, and all is good :D

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I vastly prefer RF wireless mouses over BT mouses. The response is just as good as USB. Check out the Logitech MX1000, greatest mouse ever created.

If you want the Apple experience for the time being, get the wired one. Saves you money, and it has great response too. The BT mouse is a ripoff.

In fact, don't buy the wired mouse, I'll bet there's few here who are willing to give one to you for free.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

a bit off topic...

I was wondering, would it work, and has anyone ever used a BT keyboard but a wired mouse?

I can't stand that the keyboard cord is too short to run it out of sight w/ my iMac but I have no problem w/ using the wired mouse, that's why I ask.

10. hhlee macrumors 6502

I use a BT keyboard (apple) and the MX 1000 mouse. The mouse is glorious. I used to hate wireless mice because of their lag time but the MX1000 is pretty darn responsive and I can't really tell that there is even a lag when I use a wired mouse.

11. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yea im almost completely sure that you can do that, i wouldnt see why not.

but IMO, the apple mouses are great, i had had bought the BT when i got my mac but after using my dads mx510, i decided to go out and get the MX1000.

after using the two button again i had to do it and for only 54 from amazon.

it was a great deal. so i say BT apple or MX1000 = almost same price :D

12. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I use the Apple BT mouse, after having used the Apple wired mouse for about a year. I much prefer the BT one; I have not observed any lack of response compared to the wired mouse. Battery life is reasonable good with rechargeables.

13. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I have a Wacom Tablet + mouse, wich works very well.

14. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I prefer the shape and feel of the Apple mouse--so I use it about half the time, even though I also own a fancy 5-button MS mouse. The MS mouse is just too big and clunky to be comfortable, and I seldom use the extra buttons.

15. Tamer Brad thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha, and just how would I go about asking people to send me mouses? :D

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

RF mices are nice...the only downfall is the need for a dongle type of thing in the USB port to act as a receiver.... :(

17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well I have the BT mouse, and I have no problems with lag or anything like that. Battery life is good, as a matter of fact i've needed to change the batteries for about a week now, and the mouse still works! not to bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.