Apple movies?...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by krossfyter, Jan 13, 2002.

1. krossfyter
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

krossfyter

Can anyone tell me if there is any movies dealing with Apples history in any way...ie: Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, or documentaries of any kind? Whatever you know of ...be it fiction or non fiction.

Thanks.

2. arn
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Pirates of Silicon Valley
    http://alt.tnt.tv/movies/tntoriginals/pirates/

with Noah Wyle (Dr. Carter from ER) playing steve jobs... and Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates...

entertaining - a fair amount of dramatization from my understnadring - but fun to watch. Not sure if you can buy it anywhere though...

arn

3. Durandal7
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

The Pirates of Silicon Valley is one of my favorites. It is mostly non-fiction with a bit of fiction thrown in. I bought a copy at Media Play a few months ago. (arn beat me to the post by 30 seconds)

4. krossfyter
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hey thanks folks!

So this movie defienitly get you all approval?
    Can i get it at my local moive rental...ie: Blockbuster ?

5. Durandal7
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

You should be able to find Pirates at blockbuter in the drama section. I enjoyed the movie but I admit there was a lot of inaccuracies. Take a look at woz.org, he says a lot about what was wrong with the movie. Fun movie though, especially when Bill Gates gets drunk and wrecks his friend's car.

6. Durandal7
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

I went to that site. It only proves that PC users have no real points against Mac users. The posts are truly pathetic: I don't like Jeff Goldblum so macs are gay, PCs do stuff so macs are gay, PCs are gray so macs are gay. No one waste their time here unless they want a good laugh.