Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In an interview with USA Today, Apple's Eddy Cue reveals that Apple Music currently has 11 million users taking advantage of the initial three-month trial period, with two million of those taking advantage of the family plan that will cost $14.99 per month once the trial ends. A single-user membership will be priced at $9.99 per month.

apple_music_promo_banner.jpg
"We're thrilled with the numbers so far," says Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet software and services, adding that of that sum 2 million have opted for the more lucrative family plan at $14.99 a month for up to six people.
The officially announced milestone of 11 million users is roughly in line with the rumored ten million users shared by HITS Daily Double last week.

Cue notes Apple is "releasing updates as fast as we can" to address bugs and other issues with Apple Music amid duplication and mislabeling complaints. Jimmy Iovine also contributed to the interview, highlighting some of the challenges of reaching users in certain countries and age demographics while noting Apple believes it can use its leverage to bring many of those users on board for a subscription music service.

On a separate note, Cue shared some new App Store numbers, noting that July set a record with $1.7 billion in App Store transactions thanks to strong performance in China. Apple has now paid out $33 billion to developers since the App Store debuted in 2008.

Article Link: Eddy Cue 'Thrilled With the Numbers' as Apple Music Hits 11 Million Users

mrobbo

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2015
I couldn't even see out the three month trial period. Signed back up to Spotify last night. Tired of wrestling with that UI and having my music getting messed up across computers. Too many issues. Playlists are poor compared to Spotify at the moment and it really offers nothing to set it apart. Maybe i'll try again in 6 months time.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I couldn't even see out the three month trial period. Signed back up to Spotify last night. Tired of wrestling with that UI and having my music getting messed up across computers. Too many issues. Playlists are poor compared to Spotify at the moment and it really offers nothing to set it apart. Maybe i'll try again in 6 months time.
The bad this is that Apple is only allowing one three month trial per device.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Now that apples stock has entered correction territory officially, Appke is out there putting out some numbers.........hopefully it will work

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Meh, guess I'm the odd man out so far. I love Apple Music and will definitely be keeping my family subscription after the free trial.

Love the suggested playlists--they've been pretty much spot on with my musical tastes. LOVE some of the Beats1 shows, namely Soulection. And so far I've only encountered 1 or 2 instances where something I wanted to listen to on a whim wasn't available.

I'll admit that the learning curve of the UI is pretty steep by Apple standards and it is nowhere near perfect. But once you spend some time with it, it becomes way easier to navigate. I think it'll only get better with time. To each his own though.

Pelea

Suspended
Oct 5, 2014
for all of you saying "yeah wait till the 3 months are up", you're forgetting how easy it is to get someone addicted to a service. the average guy, after 3 months, will be too used to apple music and will most likely continue using it as it's become part of his daily usage.. that's why I'm not using my free trial at all as i don't want this to happen to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.