Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Is there some way to enable an "expanded" view for artists like in the previous version? What I mean is: when you tap on an artist it gives you a list of their albums but no track lists, the track lists are only shown individually when you tap on an album. Previously the songs would be grouped by albums but a full track listing as well as shuffle all and shuffle individual album buttons were on that page.

Missing the tracklistings all on the same page is something I can live with but not having that shuffle all button at the top is a bit frustrating. (You can tap the artist's thumbnail in the artist list to play all but it doesn't shuffle the first song ie it will always play the same track first).

It seems to me like there should be some way to expand the albums in the artist view, reason being is that artists with 1 album show how they ought to. Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Artist with a single album:

See the shuffle button on the top and small album thumbnail with full tracklist.

Artist with multiple albums:

No shuffle button and no tracklists.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Is there some way to enable an "expanded" view for artists like in the previous version? What I mean is: when you tap on an artist it gives you a list of their albums but no track lists, the track lists are only shown individually when you tap on an album. Previously the songs would be grouped by albums but a full track listing as well as shuffle all and shuffle individual album buttons were on that page.

Missing the tracklistings all on the same page is something I can live with but not having that shuffle all button at the top is a bit frustrating. (You can tap the artist's thumbnail in the artist list to play all but it doesn't shuffle the first song ie it will always play the same track first).

It seems to me like there should be some way to expand the albums in the artist view, reason being is that artists with 1 album show how they ought to. Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Artist with a single album:

See the shuffle button on the top and small album thumbnail with full tracklist.

Artist with multiple albums:

No shuffle button and no tracklists.
It's probably apples way of getting rid of the cascading effect or scrolling and scrolling. That was one of the features people complained about on the prior music app endless cascading not so bad when you have an artist with only a few albums but an artist with 50 or more albums with tracks under those albums you could be scrolling forever to find an album.

eclipxe

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
If you want to shuffle all just flood three dots next to artist and choose play next. It'll grab all of their songs and add to your up next queue you can shuffle through.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
While in the list of artists (no artist selected yet) tap on the image/art that is to the left of the artist name in the list. It will play all for that artist, pull up the full screen player from the mini player and tap the shuffle button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.